Overbidders

BostonIrish

Overbidders

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I am tired of these people on here over bidding on jade lustrous Stella Shungite and many Moe other items. Do you really need rings in all sizes? This is day after day. I hope you enjoy all your items. I have been here for years and we all have seen the over bidders but this is crazy. Good Luck over bidders S A R L !!!!!!!
5 x

Jonarts

Re: Overbidders

Post by Jonarts » 1 year ago

About a week ago someone had the word "overbidding" in their bid name, so it was something like overbidding is bidding and then for winner it was saying overbidding is winning. It was so frustrating, and this person was winning due to overbidding on more than a few auctions. They disappeared now but it was quite deliberate.
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I saw that one . it had 3 names can't remember I have seen some crazy names.
1 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Just wondering are these "Resellers" that do that?? I have never done bidding that was why I was wondering...on TV presentations on some products they limit Resellers I have noticed...that would really make me disgusted also if I really wanted a product! :oops: :o
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

I can't figure out why they do this. Many of the items that they overbid for are readily available on the regular website for much less than they are bidding. They could just go to the website and purchase as many as they want. It makes no sense at all. Maybe they are trolls who do this just to interfere and never pay for the items? I actually wrote customer service and asked and they said there was nothing they can do about it as long as the person is paying for the items. It's just so weird to me. I don't know why anyone would want to over-pay for an item they can buy for much less.
7 x

itsme

Post by itsme » 1 year ago

I don't think these "overbidders" pay for the items-they are just disrupting the auctions and have been getting away with it for some time. The company doesn't seem to do anything about the problem either. I saw some auctions in the thousands of $$ for silver items! It is just ridiculous, and I have really cut back on participating. Now with shipping added on makes it less attractive to me to play.
7 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 1 year ago

I think, overbidders never buy the items they bid on, but they are playing a game. ShopLC doesn't want to force the rule that if you bid on something and you won, you have to buy it, because they will have to do with many people and sue them in court on the ground that this people bid on something, but didn't buy it. It would be counterproductive and waste of time and money to go after these people and fight them in court. So, ShopLC let it be.
To fight with everyone of them in court.So, better ignore them and let the life to go on.
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

I think that overbidding on items that cost normally on their site just a fraction of their bids is done either by trolls who want to spoil the auctions or by mentality impaired people for whom I feel sympathy.
1 x

Jonarts

More proof of the overbidding folly currently happening, before it was someone named overbidding, now there is one using the name - W T F ROYCELYN BUYS NOTHING BUT RUINS EVERYTHING IS WINNING. I copied that right from the auction page. Why does SLC allow people to register using that sort of name? Just an FYI, I got an error message that my message contained unacceptable language, so I put in spaces in the name so I could post here. If the bidding name has unacceptable language why don't they flag it when its registered?
5 x

Jonarts

Here is another one that is bidding against the Rocelyn one above: NOMONEY NOPAY IS WINNING. Why is there no monitoring of the auction site?
5 x