Sooooooo Annoying

Sea

Sooooooo Annoying

Post by Sea » 1 year ago

Poor Marva she’s stuck working with non stop talking annoying Craig he never shuts up. He’s like a child on sugar he never stops talking and when the other host talks he tries to butt In and mumbles. I love when the host talks over him to shut him up. Honestly I don’t know how Katie’s puts up with him like 2 babies in the house.
4 x

Lala3

Re: Sooooooo Annoying

Post by Lala3 » 1 year ago

I certainly agree with that description . He talks so fast I understand about 4 out 14 words he rushes through he has commented numerous times he was pre diabetic high blood sugar so removed all sugars from his diet . Not sure what his diet is now but can you imagine when he ate sugar. Marva was a true professional I saw her put her hands in her lap and demurely said no host interrupting and coly smiled . She handled it well but I don’t think he even heard her . I was just watching the robot vacuum and I seriously doubt it any good at that price. Those vacuums are great but you have to buy a decent brand
4 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

Sea wrote:
1 year ago
Poor Marva she’s stuck working with non stop talking annoying Craig he never shuts up. He’s like a child on sugar he never stops talking and when the other host talks he tries to butt In and mumbles. I love when the host talks over him to shut him up. Honestly I don’t know how Katie’s puts up with him like 2 babies in the house.
You know, Steve talks nonstop, too. I think the difference is that Craig is English and uses a lot of British slang, and he does mumble. Coupled with the mile-a-minute delivery, it is hard to catch much of what he is saying. I personally don’t find Craig that irritating, maybe because he talks fast, but isn’t overly loud. Steve talks a mile a minute, to be sure. But I find much of what he says - besides the hard sell - interesting. And he ENUNCIATES very clearly and you are never left wondering what he just said. He uses some Aussie slang, too, but I don’t have a problem understanding him. Since he is working remotely most of the time, there are hardly any issues with him interrupting the US host. And if he does, due to the delay, he always apologizes, shuts up and lets the host make her (it’s always a her) point. Craig just charges on.

I am comparing the two male hosts whose on-air personalities are similar. Chuckles and Dan are in a class by themselves.
3 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 1 year ago

I was just watching Cheryl and Katie.

I really enjoy Katie's calm demeanor.

Maybe she is a polarity to Craig's more hyper style and that's why their relationship works.

Believe me, I need no encouragement to shop so the yelling is unnecessary to me.

:lol:

I haven't seen Bonnie yet and also wonder where the new guy went.

They must track host sales metrics so most hosts think yelling or condescension increases sales.
3 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
1 year ago

Maybe she is a polarity to Craig's more hyper style and that's why their relationship works.

Believe me, I need no encouragement to shop so the yelling is unnecessary to me.

They must track host sales metrics so most hosts think yelling or condescension increases sales.
Agreed that Katie is The Bomb! She’s classy, elegant, knowledgeable, intelligent, thorough in her descriptions. She is always a pleasure to watch. I suspect you are right, that she and Craig balance each other out. And she and Cheryl are the perfect combination on air.

That said, I must say I get such a kick out of Cheryl, too. Sure, she gets way too excited sometimes and ratchets up the volume. But her enthusiasm is contagious, and she knows so much about gemstones we can all learn from her. She strikes me as a very nice person off air, too. Do we want to give our hard-earned money to people we think are jerks IRL? I know I don’t.

Hmmmm, Bonnie and the new guy…..Haven’t seen a sign of either of them. Are we sure they exist? :lol:
4 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 1 year ago

Catwoman48 wrote:
1 year ago
DiamondGoddess wrote:
1 year ago

Agreed that Katie is The Bomb! She’s classy, elegant, knowledgeable, intelligent, thorough in her descriptions. She is always a pleasure to watch. I suspect you are right, that she and Craig balance each other out. And she and Cheryl are the perfect combination on air.

That said, I must say I get such a kick out of Cheryl, too. Sure, she gets way too excited sometimes and ratchets up the volume. But her enthusiasm is contagious, and she knows so much about gemstones we can all learn from her. She strikes me as a very nice person off air, too. Do we want to give our hard-earned money to people we think are jerks IRL? I know I don’t.

Hmmmm, Bonnie and the new guy…..Haven’t seen a sign of either of them. Are we sure they exist? :lol:
Oh yes, I enjoy Cheryl, too, for all the reasons you stated.

I find her very trustworthy.

I enjoy all the hosts for different reasons depending on my mood.

I still wonder who the biggest seller is, I'd love to see their metrics.

Katie even gets Tony to calm down!

3 x