Codes never work

Sea

Codes never work

Post by Sea » 1 year ago

I’m really getting sick of the emails I get from ShopLC saying use this code and get 20% off or free shipping which for me never works. Today I received a 20% off bags I went on email and clicked on a bag that was listed in that sale go to check out this coupon in not valid, what else is new. Now I’m going to keep deleting their false advertising emails so done with their lies.
5 x

DiamondGoddess

Re: Codes never work

Post by DiamondGoddess » 1 year ago

Sea wrote:
1 year ago
I’m really getting sick of the emails I get from ShopLC saying use this code and get 20% off or free shipping which for me never works. Today I received a 20% off bags I went on email and clicked on a bag that was listed in that sale go to check out this coupon in not valid, what else is new. Now I’m going to keep deleting their false advertising emails so done with their lies.
Yup, super annoying when you are excited to buy something!

Happens all the time lately, unfortunately.

:(
6 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

I found some coupon codes online. Depending on the item. It may work. They probably won't work on, on air items, recently aired items or TLVs. But you can try. I tried these on an item I chose from the website. They worked.

JESSICA15 5% off
Emmily15 15% off
Caridad15 15% off
Rachel15 15% off
5 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

Why do I not EVER get e-mails with coupon codes from ShopLC? I spend, I return, but I am buying bigger ticket jewelry these days. I always look online - sometimes jeopardizing my purchase - to see if I can find one that works. One night recently I went through every single code I could find and nada! Nothing worked. So no purchase.

I found a 20% code that worked for a ring I wanted to keep but was unhappy I had had to purchase without a discount. So I returned it and reordered with 20% off. However, I was shocked and appalled to look at my account and find I had accidentally CANCELLED the order! I meant to cancel the one next to it, what I get for working on my phone, I guess. They were out of my size, so I ordered a very similar, but more expensive, ring to replace it - with a discount. Imagine my surprise to find the following day that the second replacement ring had been CANCELLED. What the heck? I did not cancel it, and have no idea why SLC would do so. It was not lack of funds, nor did I receive any notice. Anyone else have this happen? Not with auctions, with regular purchases.

Found the original ring back in stock, my size and with a price drop, found a coupon that worked and ORDERED it again! I really love that ring, but why should I pay $300-400 more than I have to?

The moral here is keep trying those coupons until you find one that works. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason why some work and others do not, but it is definitely worth the effort to keep trying them - as long as your item is not selling out!
4 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Catwoman48 These cancellations happen all the time now. I posted before about this and will again. I even called my bank, and it is not them. ShopLC is having problems on their end big time! This "Authorization Failed" and then you receive an email that your order was cancelled. Further, the coupons NEVER work. I do go on line and search CouponFollow . com and put in ShopLC and one of them often work. But this problem is something that is on their end and they need to fix it. I get so frustrated of lately, that I just cancel the order. Their loss.
5 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

Thank you, colljoe. I had seen many mentions of abrupt cancellations, but I thought they only happened with auctions. I don’t do auctions, have enough trouble with impulse buys on jewelry! I will check my e-mail again, but there was no mention of a failed transaction on the website, just “CANCELLED”.
3 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

How do I get them to email me coupon codes? I've never got any except the one that comes in the monthly pamphlet that can be used once only.
3 x

joy51

Post by joy51 » 1 year ago

when you get them none of them work it is a bad joke!!
5 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 1 year ago

Now, discount codes only sometimes works, but mostly not. So, if code doesn't work, I contact customer service and they simply ignore me. I phone Customer Service about this issue and a person hang up on me in less than 1 minute. So, I went on chat and this is my chat transcript with the worst ShopLC customer representative.

CHAT with a ShopLC Customer Service Representative named SWATI
June 4, 2022
[05:53 am] Me: "It is not about this order, but how difficult it is to recognize what is discounted and what is not."
[05:53 am] Swati: "Thank you for contacting us. I'm happy to help with your concern! I apologize for the inconvenience. Please allow me a moment so that I can check it here."
[05:54 am] Me: "First, let me explain."
[05:56 am] Swati: "Thank you so much for your patience. Are you referring to Unakite 10mm Beaded Necklace (18-20 Inches) in Stainless Steel and others?"
[05:59 am] Me: "No, I am referring to the ShopLC web site and how difficult it is now to find out what is discounted and what is not."
[06:00 am]: Swati: "I am really sorry but discount codes are unique and can only be applied to the selected items as we have different stock allocations for different items. I am sorry for the trouble. On our website to see all the clearance items, please use the link https://www.shoplc.com/c/clearance."
[06:01 am] Me: "Swati! Are you an AUTOMAT?"
[06:01 am] Swati : "No. I am not."
[06:04 am] Me: "But you sound like (an) automaton or some kind of a computer generated person."
[06:05 am] Swati : "I am sorry for the trouble. On our website to see all the clearance items, please use the link https://www.shoplc.com/c/clearance."
[06:07 am] Me: "They should really get rid of you at ShopLC, because you are mentaly lazy customer service representative."
[06:10 am] Swati: "I am really sorry but discount codes are unique and can only be applied to the selected items as we have different stock allocations for different items. I am sorry for the trouble. On our website to see all the clearance items, please use the link https://www.shoplc.com/c/clearance."

NOTE: For years (until now), I haven't had any problem with Customer Service at ShopLC. I think, there are still good people there, and they try to help customers, but somehow they feel obligated to repeat some kind of phrases, like Swati took to the extreme in our conversation shown above.
2 x