Michelle said TLV was brand new tonight...never seen before, WRONG!!!

MaeWest1953

Michelle said TLV was brand new tonight...never seen before, WRONG!!!

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

Sorry but I can't believe she said this when announcing the TLV tonight!
She proclaimed these have never been sold, that these Kaftan tops were new for Shoplc

That is simply not true as I own the Black and the Blush ones from last year😏
Maybe she had never sold them but her description clearly said these were new to Shoplc and never seen before!
1 x

Rolltide

Re: Michelle said TLV was brand new tonight...never seen before, WRONG!!!

Post by Rolltide » 1 year ago

Last edited by Rolltide 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

Hi Maewest1953, you are so right, these have been on air before. It is just so hard to forget this one size fits all stuff, I do not like it. I do not think someone that wears a small has any business wearing something that will fit a 3x woman, Am I wrong or right? Why can't we have sizes, I talk about this so much. At least there are flowers on it & not a snake or zebra, alligator, elephant, & so on. I have seen them do this many times saying it is a new item when it is not. Maewest1953, I have always wanted to ask about your name you use on here, you do not have to tell me if it is real, but my husband has always been a big fan of Mae West, Nickname?, Don't tell me if it is your real name it is ok, I just had to ask, I had told my husband a while back that Mae West posted on here from time to time. Have a Great weekend, & I really enjoy your posts. Oh Boy, if you want to go on a safari, or look like a snake, or a peacock & sweat in polyester the kaftans are on now.
1 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 1 year ago

You make a good point! The long caftans are just not for everyone! When they model them in the studio, the more petite women are just swallowed up. Even belted, there is a ginormous amount of fabric. It would be nice if they could make them in regular and plus sizes, at least. We will never see petite sizes, alas, which is what I would have to have since I am 5’3”.

I have several of the short caftans, which I would expect to be uncomfortable in hot weather, but actually they are not. But they are very lightweight. I love the prints, the abstracts and paisleys. However, I have acquired a young cat who is just WILD with her claws, even though I keep them trimmed, and I have had to put them away for the moment. The thin material is easily snagged.
2 x

MaeWest1953

Carribeangirl.......

I absolutely LOVE Mae West!!
As a teenager when I first saw a movie of hers I was hooked 😁I am 69 years old now and still she is my favorite movie star!
The way she could twist a Man around her fingers with her sultry looks accompanied with her sarcastic sexuality laden comments was hilarious to me🤣

Only Mae could get away with that kind of behavior in movies but as your hubby and you probably know she faced arrests a couple of times...
It's hard to explain how she cracks me up with her sayings, I always wished I had her boldness in dealing with Men!

Her quick wit was overwhelmingly hilarious to me and of course her clothes were so beautiful🙂
Since Mae was way before her time her silliness mixed with
provocative words made her a heroine for many women!!

Problem is that I never get to see her movies on Cable and I don't use my DVD ( I am not a big movie watcher)
So I get thrilled if I learn about a movie coming on and that's only once a year😒

By the way, I am with you regarding the " one size fits all"
You made some great points about that....
You have a wonderful weekend also🌺🌺
2 x

sunnygold

Post by sunnygold » 1 year ago

Not to mention long Kaftans pose a tripping danger, especially with their voluminous amount of fabric. I would buy the shorter kaftans if they came in cotton. The slick poly and microfiber ones would suffocate me in Florida.

Oh, edited to add, I just saw the TLV presented. I actually like this iteration, and may order it!
2 x

sunnygold

Post by sunnygold » 1 year ago

And so what if Michelle corrected him? Perhaps there were new colors introduced. Anyway, who cares about a timeline?
0 x

MaeWest1953

Sunny, no person
ever stated she corrected anyone
Michelle made a boo boo, re-read the post please😏
As my favorite host I was surprised😒
0 x

TulsaDave

Post by TulsaDave » 1 year ago

I love when Michelle is on.....she is a hoot. I don't like when she begs and grovels about getting 10 people on the phone and blah blah. i don't know if they are pressuring the hosts to sell more but its ugly and embarasing. Mr. Rio is on with Katie right now catching a "tude" stuff ain't moving and he goes crazy. Gone are the days when consumers were not educated prior to the internet. Its so easy now to research products/prices and reviews. You can't force people to buy things we have gotten too smart for tactics.
1 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

Hosts begging for 10 more people. I think your right. They probably tell them in meetings that if the sales are not there. To say that in order to lower the price. It's not fair to the hosts. We're not dumb either. It's not going to make us buy. They should get to the price and move off the item if there is no interest.. Some hosts do that.
2 x