Can anyone answer my question about the $1.00 auctions

CaribbeanGirl

Can anyone answer my question about the $1.00 auctions

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

I have bought a few items from the auction site, it is really hard to win many of them. If I see something I really like & is not too expensive I will give it a try. OK This is it, I had a crazy conversation with customer service today on live chat. I do not know if I have gone crazy or if it was the person I was on live chat with today. I HOPE someone or many of you can answer this question. If I bid on a item I really like & will not be able to get back online until the auction is over I will do a max bid. So the last 4 or 5 days I put a max bid on 6 items, I won 2 of them. Earlier today I had a max bid on a necklace, I bid $5.00 higher than the winning bid brought. How is it that a lower bid is winning the items. She told me that the winners in the auctions are picked at random, I have never heard of such a thing, have any of you??? What the---- How can this be right , Please tell me that I am not the crazy one, Could you imagine if ebay was run like that??? Has anyone ever heard of this before, PLEASE tell me this is not so. How can someone that bids less than the m ax bid be winning the auction, winners picked at random, what PLEASE tell me it is not so, Have I gone crazy??????/
3 x

Hot4TENER

Re: Can anyone answer my question about the $1.00 auctions

Post by Hot4TENER » 1 year ago

That is not true. You got a bad CS rep, or misunderstood. Look in your bid history. Does it show your high bid? Take a screenshot of that ! QUICK BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS. If you click on that item, does it show the other bidder’s name with a lower amount? Quick take a screenshot of that. Email CS with that info. Go NOW and get those screenshots! I’ll make another post and tell you what to do in a minute. Good luck. I hope that info is still there
4 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 1 year ago

I’ve had that happen to me a couple of times. It’s a glitch in the system. CS will honor your high bid but you’ve got to have the screenshots to prove it.Let me know if you get them.
4 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 1 year ago

Nothing has been working on this site properly since ShopLC started to improve it months ago. So, expect unexpected. I've asked customer service about this issue several times and got no answer.
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

They did not upgrade their website.They downgraded it.
5 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 1 year ago

Druid wrote:
1 year ago
They did not upgrade their website.They downgraded it.
I agree. And the downgrade is going deeper and deeper. I think, that 1$ auction works not as good as before the upgrade, but it works. Tragedy is when ShopLC offers discounts, and anybody can never get them, because the offers are not clearly stated on their web site as before. Before the upgrade, when you clicked on an item to put it in your shopping cart, you knew what was discounted, because discount was shown with the item description. Now, you never know. And if I contact customer service about discounts they simply ignore me saying "I am so sorry for the trouble. The discount is not valid on your items, but only on items in 'Item Catalog'." But this catalog items are not known to customers. At check out I always get message: "The promo code that you applied is not eligible for the item/s in your cart. Please check the spelling, expiration date & exclusions of the promo code and try again." When I contact customer service, and I contacted them many times, by chat and phone, they simply hang up on me or they say that maybe I have one item in my cart eligible for a discount. This is really frustrating for me as a customer, that ShopLC doesn't care.
2 x