Sour Grapes On Former Employer

Teachergirl

Re: Sour Grapes On Former Employer

Post by Teachergirl » 1 year ago

Lacy you are 100% right. In general, Shop LC hosts are not of the same caliber as hosts on other networks. The really good ones they might have had all leave eventually. Kim is there because no one else will hire her. I am sure she has tried. Too bad she doesn't realize how offensive she can be. She has become an old tart and its not pretty.
3 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 1 year ago

buyitall wrote:
1 year ago
Be more tolerant! Does Kim have quirks…yes. We ALL have faults. Yes, she IS on tv but it is so nice to tune in and see a microcosm of regular people….NOT those Barbie dolls other networks use. Dan is a wealth of gemstone knowledge. He is also a very caring, unselfish person if to check into his background. Yes, he is older….yes, he loves his sarcasm and sometimes has a strange sense of humor and antics. I love Kim and Dan BECAUSE they are different and in spite of their quirks. It’s these things that make us all individual. I sure hope someone doesn’t look at me and judge me simply because I may have an annoying twitch or habit. Good job ShopLC for hiring people LIKE Kim and Dan…….
I'm a big fan of Dan. Watched him on every network he worked on, subscribed to his newsletter, bought his Gem book and always enjoyed his vast knowledge of gems. Saying this ..the time comes when a TV host should retire or work behind the scene. Sounds cruel but this is the reality of the job of a TELEVISION host where appearance does count.

Some professions have certain requirements for a person to be able to continue working on the air. I'm not talking about Barbie dolls, I like the variety of people but..I feel sorry for Kim's health problems but I'm surprised she was hired because it's very difficult to watch her. So many people switch the channel and ShopLC looses a sale.

I feel the same about the hosts who have thick accents and are allowed on the air. Please spare me political correctness but ShopLC is in the business of SELLING and if they want us, paying customers, to BUY at least we have to understand what a host is saying describing the item.

I love ShopLC but find myself switching the channel more often these days because I can't waste my time on the programming where it's difficult for me to listen to certain hosts.
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

What a shame Annaka and Shannon are gone. About Shawn, I care less, he treated horribly one of former co-workers during a show.
Dan Dennis should retire. He was fired twice from this channel and he is back
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I would like to know how anyone knows if someone was fired? Or that no one else will hire them. I hate rumors. If a hosts leaves the channel or was fired who cares?
3 x

Tocious

Post by Tocious » 1 year ago

I agree, I don't really like Kim and actually will change the channel when she is on.
3 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 1 year ago

Actually, quite a few years ago, Kim was a contestant on a show that Oprah did very close to the end of her show. Kim was fired from JTV and was hustling tofind a new television gig. She only reappeared on TV on Shop LC. Those are not rumors but fact. If people enjoy watching her, fine. I don't.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 1 year ago

Hi all!
So yeah I don't hang out here much anymore. Same reasons as everyone else.
Either yesterday or the day before I just happened by and let the shows video run.
It was Kim and Chuck.
Since I'm on my pad all I saw of Kim was her boobs. She was wearing an unfortunate pink halter style dress.
AND she was drinking wine on air.
I mean, really? She's goofy enough sober.
3 x