Thoughts on the Under 10 TLV?

MaeWest1953

Thoughts on the Under 10 TLV?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

I am not sure if the stones look real....
Yes the Turquoise is the African Turquoise and I have bought it before and love it
However for some reason they all look faux to me

Am I just blind or what....lol
Perhaps I am just tiring of the style necklace, bracelet and earrings 😔
2 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: Thoughts on the Under 10 TLV?

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

SAME THING, DIFFERENT FRIDAY!!!!!!
3 x

MaeWest1953

CaribbeanGirl wrote:
1 year ago
SAME THING, DIFFERENT FRIDAY!!!!!!
Carribeangirl you make me laugh and you are so right!!🙂
That paper clip chain is wearing thin also
2 x

Bumbleybee

Post by Bumbleybee » 1 year ago

I bought a couple of those stainless bracelets that have stations with rose Quartz or tiger eye or lapis etc. I bought abalone and Amazonite. Both were fake. The Amazonite I took apart to make a couple Bolo bracelets. I could clearly see the digital print of the abalone color display! Took it apart completely and there was just a thin film of that digital print. Behind that was fake mother of Pearl ( was a reversible bracelet)
The Amazonite I took apart too and popped one out, cut it and it was like white grainy sand that was just dyed that Amazonite color. Looking closer at a rose Quartz I bought, it too is dyed grainy resin !! I sent several messages and tried multiple times to leave reviews,, wouldn’t stick!!!
So now I’m wondering how much of the stuff I’ve bought( a lot) is fake
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Holy c...!😮 Is any thing real?😬
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

In other words, they are framing people by selling fake gemstones. Yesterday, I bought a multiple gem necklace and set of star earrings. One of them is dyed howlite and I hope is howlite. (Some fake gem dealers are selling fake howlite) I will remove the fake color with acetone. Gemstones are cool to the touch when you wear them at first. Plastic is not. The company was sued when they were called the Liquidation Channel for passing plastic or synthetic stones as natural gemstones.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

Bumbleybee wrote:
1 year ago
I bought a couple of those stainless bracelets that have stations with rose Quartz or tiger eye or lapis etc. I bought abalone and Amazonite. Both were fake. The Amazonite I took apart to make a couple Bolo bracelets. I could clearly see the digital print of the abalone color display! Took it apart completely and there was just a thin film of that digital print. Behind that was fake mother of Pearl ( was a reversible bracelet)
The Amazonite I took apart too and popped one out, cut it and it was like white grainy sand that was just dyed that Amazonite color. Looking closer at a rose Quartz I bought, it too is dyed grainy resin !! I sent several messages and tried multiple times to leave reviews,, wouldn’t stick!!!
So now I’m wondering how much of the stuff I’ve bought( a lot) is fake
Same with me. Especially those Mexican fire opals they sell. The only solution is to take the jewelry to a reputable gemologist.
1 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 1 year ago

Margui wrote:
1 year ago
In other words, they are framing people by selling fake gemstones. Yesterday, I bought a multiple gem necklace and set of star earrings. One of them is dyed howlite and I hope is howlite. (Some fake gem dealers are selling fake howlite) I will remove the fake color with acetone. Gemstones are cool to the touch when you wear them at first. Plastic is not. The company was sued when they were called the Liquidation Channel for passing plastic or synthetic stones as natural gemstones.
-The company was sued for selling fakes? Can you tell us a bit more about this? Thanks in advance.
1 x

MaeWest1953

Hi BumbleyBee....

WOW that is an amazing experience you shared with us!
I never knew about digital printing etc.
Still don't understand what it means completely but what I am getting from your information is that the whole stone IS NOT genuine, would that be correct?

This is so disheartening....
Thanks so much for taking the time to share this😉🌺
1 x

MaeWest1953

Hello Margui......

I am learning so much through your comments and thanks so much for sharing with us🙂
Many times I have asked myself if the stones are truly real or good fakes
Gosh what a disappointment if shenanigans are involved with the truth😒
2 x