Auto-pay free shipping is gone

STOO

Auto-pay free shipping is gone

Post by STOO » 1 year ago

I had signed up for auto-pay because it had a free shipping benefit. This allows ShopLC to charge my card, for auctions that I have won, without me having to go into the system to pay, and the benefit was that I would get free shipping. Sounded like a great deal.

I just noticed today that they had been charging me 1.99 shipping for each auction item that I had won since 4/28/2022. The chat operator said they had sent an email notifying of the changes in policy. I did not see it. Did I just gloss over it and deleted it? Did it look like spam?

Did anyone else get the email?
1 x

Tothemoon

Re: Auto-pay free shipping is gone

Post by Tothemoon » 1 year ago

On 4/27/2022 I received an email from SLC titled “Autopay Shipping Changes” stating that beginning 4/28/2022 that the autopay shipping charge would increase to $1.99 per item. Not very long to adjust to the change. I for one have really curbed my auction bids and am now much more selective about what I bid on. It seems to me that the auction activity has slowed down and I see repeat items going for less than what they sold for when there was free shipping. I wonder if SLC is actually saving any money by adding the new autopay shipping charge. Maybe they would have been better off keeping the free shipping but slowing down on the shipping time by only shipping every few days so that customers would receive several items in one package instead of receiving multiple packages with one item each. I’m sorry for your unexpected shipping charges.
1 x

GEMLUVIN

Re: Auto-pay free shipping is gone

Post by GEMLUVIN » 1 year ago

The THRILL of shopping rising auction is gone. I won an item for a dollar, that's right $1.00. The shipping cost is $1.99, tax is $0.27 for a grand total of $3.26 now does this make any kind of sense? I can do better including an item in a $50 order, get free shipping and without the risk of "FINAL SALES"
1 x