Mr Rio

Stevie

Re: Mr Rio

Post by Stevie » 1 year ago

TulsaDave-
I think Michelle takes it as a challenge. I feel like she strokes his ego- complements him so he will have to acknowledge her or else he really looks bad. Otherwise, I don't think he would acknowledge her...
I will say his plugs are looking better these days.
3 x

TulsaDave

Post by TulsaDave » 1 year ago

Hi Stevie, That makes perfect sense why Michelle strokes his ego. She is a super intelligent and a very funny Lady. I know that she is a comedian as well I have watched some of her videos online. She may not have a fancy certification but she is well educated regarding gem stones for sure. Yes Tony"s hair is filling in nicely. He may be a very nice guy just an Alpha Male. Like people have mentioned that I can change the channel if I don"t like the show..lol
2 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 1 year ago

I'll never forget what Tony said to Katie after she came back from her maternity leave. He said something like, "Thank goodness you're back, Katie. You have no idea what I've had to put up with." Meaning the other women he had to host with while Katie was gone--mostly Michele and Marva.

I found it a rude comment, and I often find Tony rude and unprofessional. I don't like to be critical of the hosts as a general rule, but someone ought to inform Tony that interrupting or denigrating other hosts isn't a professional way to behave. And it certainly doesn't help sell all those gemstones he brings in.
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 1 year ago

Stevie wrote:
1 year ago
TulsaDave-
I think Michelle takes it as a challenge. I feel like she strokes his ego- complements him so he will have to acknowledge her or else he really looks bad. Otherwise, I don't think he would acknowledge her...
I will say his plugs are looking better these days.

I don't know why I find this so funny. :lol: I watch so seldom that honestly I never noticed. I have heard Tony compliment Michelle which kind of took her a little off balance. She was all "aww, shucks".
3 x

sparky77

Post by sparky77 » 1 year ago

Mr Rio is an egotistical bully so full of himself and his 'millions'. Mr 'C' is another one who thinks he's some 'god' of the jewelry world - Kim sure does stroke his ego..he should be more even-tempered and sincere like his son 'B'. We ALL know why mr 'C' had to leave the 'other network'..why does he act like he has to buy 'everything on-air' and profess to be so 'wealthy'..did bankruptcy teach him anything? He is an embarrassment to the network..still can't figure out why they hired him/// such a con artist/snake oil salesman -so you go from a designer to an online tv shopping host?? :roll: :roll:
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 1 year ago

sparky77 wrote:
1 year ago
Mr Rio is an egotistical bully so full of himself and his 'millions'. Mr 'C' is another one who thinks he's some 'god' of the jewelry world - Kim sure does stroke his ego..he should be more even-tempered and sincere like his son 'B'. We ALL know why mr 'C' had to leave the 'other network'..why does he act like he has to buy 'everything on-air' and profess to be so 'wealthy'..did bankruptcy teach him anything? He is an embarrassment to the network..still can't figure out why they hired him/// such a con artist/snake oil salesman -so you go from a designer to an online tv shopping host?? :roll: :roll:
I don't think Mr. C was ever a designer. He may have had input into which products he would present as "his" line such as the "Kelly Anne" earrings. He started representing SLC's mother company when he worked at Evine. His bankruptcy was some years back.
0 x