deanna and michelle

sseanru

deanna and michelle

Post by sseanru » 2 months ago

i was watching for any good deals that might be sneaking in outside of the regular under $10 days since its now a clearance event. i just finished watching the 6am (eastern hour) , final hour of overnight with deanna and michelle. holy cow, i think michelle was interrupting deanna to no end. i felt so bad for deanna. i think she was frustrated. she didn't deserve that.
1 x

Mapper

Re: deanna and michelle

Post by Mapper » 2 months ago

I happened to be channel surfing last night when I came across a show with Marva and Hunter. Marva coudn't get a word in. Hunter would keep talking over her and interrupting as if he were solo. It was obvious that Marva was upset about it because she would make short soft remarks while staring directly into the camera as if speaking to the producer. As usual, I didn't watch for very long. Later, I came across a show with Cheryl and Katie where the were laughing up a storm like a couple of school girls. Katie began talking about how the two were behaving and said "If you don't like it change the cnannel" to which Cheryl replied "Yeah...change the channel". I also noticed in every show that they are regularly attacking the TV shopping platform as a whole... specifically, the shopping networks that have been in business for 15 to 25 years longer that are also their former employers. If you are going sell jewelry and compete with the seasoned networks, you need to either train your staff or hire experienced employees. Marquis is not spelled "Marquee", an insertion style clasp is NOT a "Plunger", swatching gemstone jewelry is NOT performed using "colored construction paper", Rosé (wine) is not pronounced "Rose (flower)" and gemstones are measured with a millimeter guage ect. I can only imagine how many first time viewers and potential customers see these things and turn away. I myself am appalled by it.....and I DO CHANGE THE CHANNEL.
Last edited by Mapper 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 months ago

Isn't it sad when they open their mouths and prove the viewers correct?

What we have are a bunch of hosts who were never considered first-rate hosts on even 4th rate shopping channels. It is evident from their behavior as to why.
5 x

kaylee3

Post by kaylee3 » 2 months ago

Mapper you are so right. I watched Marva and Hunter last night and I couldn't believe what I was watching. I couldn't understand half the things Hunter was saying. And yes, Marva couldn't get a word in at all. I'm not a big fan of Marva but I was getting irritated for her. Someone needs to tell Hunter you don't need to act like an auctioneer. He talks so fast, and you can't understand him. He also needs to stop interrupting.

As far as Deanna and Michelle that was a crazy show. I don't know what was going on with Michelle, but wow was she animated. She needed to take a breath and calm down.
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 2 months ago

I don't watch much any more it has become a little like Crazy Town! 🌆
3 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

They should have one host. That way there is no screaming over or interrupting each other. Maybe one of the hosts is not as knowledgeable as the other host. Not our problem. Don't put them on air until they are ready to be alone. Train and re-train the existing host periodically, as said before on this post. To be a professional host with the proper attitude and attire, to learn how to speak in a professional manner without shouting, mumbling, or pronouncing the gemstones incorrectly. For a more inviting experience for us to watch and then we maybe will purchase items.

I like most of you are not buying anymore or watching at all. Not even on mute. If they loose sales and ratings, the management hopefully will look into who is on air during the decline and what they are doing or not doing, to make us change the channel. It should matter to them. No sales, No shows...
All I know, is I am saving a lot by shutting them off. I really don't NEED what they are selling.
6 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 2 months ago

sseanru wrote:
2 months ago
i was watching for any good deals that might be sneaking in outside of the regular under $10 days since its now a clearance event. i just finished watching the 6am (eastern hour) , final hour of overnight with deanna and michelle. holy cow, i think michelle was interrupting deanna to no end. i felt so bad for deanna. i think she was frustrated. she didn't deserve that.
Oh, I so agree. I was so surprised. Michelle really has been way too animated of lately, and interrupting Deanna for sure. Felt uncomfortable for Deanna and weird for Michelle.
0 x

Tina

Post by Tina » 2 months ago

I was watching the show the other night when Hunter kept interrupting Marva. That was ridiculous! She handled it a lot better than I would have ....for sure. The thing is this. Hunter is an awesome host. He is good looking, has a beautiful smile and he's charismatic. Quite frankly, he could cause a lot of customers to empty their wallet with a quickness. BUT...because he's so brash and rude at times, it kills the sale. I hope he will stop this because the benefit to ShopLC would be amazing$$$$!!!
1 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 2 months ago

I really don't care for Hunter. He reminds me of Foster Brooks, a comedian from the 70's, who was best known for his portrayal of a drunk. The other night when hosting with Marva, he "smaked down" the price of a solid gold chain more than $100 than it should have been. The producer had to adjust the price back up after which the number of callers dropped substantially. For the rest of the show, all you heard was Hunter apologizing and begging callers to call back, as well as constantly saying "I can't believe I did that with that gold chain". In a previous show with Kim, he was announced as a "guest" host. Time will tell if the guest has worn out his welcome.
1 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 months ago

Foster Brooks, lol. Thanks for the comparison. That guy was about as funny as that obnoxious Don Rickles.
1 x