ANOTHER ALL SALES FINAL CLEARANCE

colljoe

ANOTHER ALL SALES FINAL CLEARANCE

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

What's with the "all sales final" clearance, again and again? They seem desperate to clean out their inventory. That means, NO RETURNS! Not against clearance, just against NO RETURNS!
How convenient, and such an easy cheesy way for them to get rid of inventory. Seems distasteful. Three in a row. Something's up. :evil:
Some of the stuff I am seeing I have never seen before and man, it is cheap. Must have discovered some back room inventory they need to dump.
Just be careful when you buy. If it's something you have purchased before and or know the product, and it really is on clearance, go for it. Otherwise, be careful folks. And some of these are very high priced pieces. I would never buy something high priced under this circumstance.
6 x

2Blonde

Re: ANOTHER ALL SALES FINAL CLEARANCE

Post by 2Blonde » 1 year ago

You won't believe this. I ordered a very expensive ammolite vermeil bracelet during this clearance. It arrived on Saturday. I was wearing it today (while away from home), when I looked down and one of the oval stones had fallen out! I already had thought the colors in the bracelet were not very good, but I knew I was taking a chance with that when I ordered it. The stones look like bezel set, but they may only be glued in; not sure.

I called CS tonight (Tuesday) and the guy said, if I had the stone, they would repair it for me. What?? I said I didn't have it because it obviously fell out after I left the house. I mean, it's only about a 6mm oval stone Oh well, tough! That's their policy. So I've spent $359 on a bracelet that lasted all of 3 days, and they won't take it back without the stone! If I had that, I could have fixed it myself. I told him I've spent many thousands of dollars with this company and would tell everyone I know the truth about them. I can't believe this is how they treat a long term loyal customer. :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil:
5 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

That is awful. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor? NOT all the reps know all the rules and exceptions. I hope you get your money refunded or a replacement.
6 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

2Blonde.... Are you sure the stone wasn't missing to begin with? I would email, not call, customer service, take pictures of the bracelet if you can, tell them it was received with a missing stone, reference the Terms and Conditions pertaining to defective clearance items, and request a return shipping label.
I have found that CS doesn'tknow, pretends to not know, or thinks that customers may not know, the Terms and Conditions listed on the website.
I love the Bali molten class pieces. I ordered one as a Christmas gift using bill to ship to. The piece was delivered broken. When I emailed CS with pictures, and and tracking notes that UPS entered into their system regarding the damage, I was told it had to be returned for a refund because no replacement was available. After the nightmare of having the gift recipient, who lives 2000 miles away from me, return the item, I found that the Terms and Conditions state not to return broken glass because they don't want their employees to cut themselves.
I had already decided to end my customer relationship with ShopLC. I was just waiting for my last purchase to arrive.
Yesterday 7/19/22, I received my last purchase, a Bali glass piece which I purchased duting the endless clearance event. These are one of a kind hand crafted pieces. The glass is melted fo fit the shape of the wood root base. Oddly, the molten glass piece did not fit the wood base on the one that I received. I emailed CS to request a return shipping lable. I attached images and referenced the Terms and Conditions as it pertains to defective clearance items. A short time later, I received the return label via email , and shipped the defective item back within 2 hours of receiving it.
After realizing that the broken Bali Glass piece did not need to be returned, I always referenced the Terms and Conditions when contacting customer service. With my current Bali Glass issue though, I can honestly say that I won't purchase from Shop LC again. It has become extremely unpleasant.
I have purchased fine gemstone jewelry, stainless steel gemstone jewelry, and other fashion jewelry. I inspect every single piece, regardless of what it is, with a jewelers loupe and a millimeter guage. If I find a defect it goes back. I have found everything from items that were stated as being platimun over silver that were stamped stainless steel, prongs sticking up, bezel set stones that are actually glued, incomplete silver solder joints on bezel set items, glued wrap tite settings, severly kinked chains, bead strands with beads that measure as much as 3 millimeters smaller that what is stated on air and on the website, gold over silver bolo chains with the gold rubbing off every time the silicone bead is adjusted, broken springs in spring ring ,lobster claw clasps and lever backs.....and on ...and on... and on. Oh...I almost forgot the Kaftans that have missed stitching and have obviously been de constructed and poorly reconstructed.
6 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

2Blondie WOW! They would take that back no matter what I had to do! I bought a dragon bangle about a year ago. I had bought another one before that it was 26 grams less than it should have been I told them I had a scale and they said send it back and I told them send me one with the right weight. They never did. 😩Good luck .
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

2Blonde A suggestion here. If you really like the bracelet, keep it and go to your local rock shop or rock & gem show. Bring the piece with you and buy a loose stone. Make sure it fits and glue it in with GS Hypo Cement. A jewelers glue you can purchase at Michaels etc. Because, if you return it unless they happen to have another in stock, now you won't have it at all. More than likely they won't send you another.
Mapper I agree with you. I have been really inspecting my pieces with loupe too. Received a real bad looking Arizona Peridot a while ago and sent it back. I could not believe they would even try to pass that off. But as of about 2 years or so ago, I have had to return quite a few pieces because they were sub grade. J TV not so much. They may be a little more, but I can count on them for being high grade.
4 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

colljoe, I've been with JTV for over a decade. In fact, that is where I bought the loup and guage. I learn so much from them. They have beautiful pieces. They're not perfect and things slip through from time to time but nothing compared to what I have experienced here. My first LC order two years ago was good. Each order after that became progressively worse. It came to a head for me a few weeks ago. Everything changed. It is like there's an epidemic of conduct disorder at Shop LC. It's crazy. I will never stop shopping at JTV. I realized that the amount I had been spending on Shop LC caused me to miss out on some really nice items at JTV and elsewhere for that matter. That wont happen again. If I purchase from LC again it will be for one more Bali molten glass item to round out my collection. I have more trust in the artisans that create those pieces. I don't know what is happening at Shop lC. The endless clearance with all sales final is suspicious. Perhaps they're losing customers and losing money. Economists say a recession is on the horizon. Perhaps the are attempting to reduce inventory as a preventative measure. Who knows why. What I do know is that it has become intolerable.
6 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 1 year ago

@2Blonde. Caveat emptor which means buyer beware! All of this nonsense will stop if people stop buying especially during these ridiculous clearance sales! I'm sorry you have had so many issues but I hope you realize that Shop LC doesn't care what you think. They're out for a quick buck with no thought for the long term. I haven't bought more than 5 items in the last 7 months and none was more than $15 if that. I no longer watch the way I used to mainly because of the unwatchable hosts. I would call my credit card company as well as the BBB and see if that helps. I wish you thebest.
3 x

TulsaDave

Post by TulsaDave » 1 year ago

Teachergirl wrote:
1 year ago
@2Blonde. Caveat emptor which means buyer beware! All of this nonsense will stop if people stop buying especially during these ridiculous clearance sales! I'm sorry you have had so many issues but I hope you realize that Shop LC doesn't care what you think. They're out for a quick buck with no thought for the long term. I haven't bought more than 5 items in the last 7 months and none was more than $15 if that. I no longer watch the way I used to mainly because of the unwatchable hosts. I would call my credit card company as well as the BBB and see if that helps. I wish you thebest.
Hi Teachergirl I hope you are wrong about the Shop LC doesn't care what we think. Not a good business model at all. Short term gain and quick money is not always good money. Many big companies have went down in flames following this type of thinking. I am sure even the Mighty Wally World still has not learned their lesson from thinking this way either. I hope Shop LC turns things around quickly before they are just a memory in the history books.....just my .02.
0 x

Tina

Post by Tina » 1 year ago

colljoe wrote:
1 year ago
2Blonde A suggestion here. If you really like the bracelet, keep it and go to your local rock shop or rock & gem show. Bring the piece with you and buy a loose stone. Make sure it fits and glue it in with GS Hypo Cement. A jewelers glue you can purchase at Michaels etc. Because, if you return it unless they happen to have another in stock, now you won't have it at all. More than likely they won't send you another.
Mapper I agree with you. I have been really inspecting my pieces with loupe too. Received a real bad looking Arizona Peridot a while ago and sent it back. I could not believe they would even try to pass that off. But as of about 2 years or so ago, I have had to return quite a few pieces because they were sub grade. J TV not so much. They may be a little more, but I can count on them for being high grade.
I agree with repairing the bracelet. That was an expensive bracelet and not worth going around and around and around and around with customer service about. I would go to a reputable stone shop to purchase a replacement stone and have it repaired. Here's my rule with LC. I don't buy their bracelets because they're not well made. I've purchased a few inexpensive pieces and the stones fell out. That was my cue not to buy a bracelet from them - one with any type of stone. Now the bangles aren't bad...how many ways can they mess up a bangle...really? Since they've started having all of these 'sales' and messing up the under $20 Tuesday and under $10 Friday, I've vowed to not purchase anything over $10 from them. It just seems like they're being a little slick with these sales. If you're not having under $20 Tuesday and under $10 Friday any more, just say so. I really want to buy a gold chain from them, but I don't like the return policy or the games they're playing with the 'sales' and cancelling out the other bargain days. I have been checking out Ebay and the better department stores more lately. Of course Amazon has everything. I hope you get the bracelet fixed and you end up loving it!
2 x