Just wanted to show you..,

RS

Just wanted to show you..,

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Just in case...

But as you can see...I have the SLC logo as my avatar. I know that Mod Connor is a real Mod because I have interacted with him via email.

But all I had to do was copy his logo and add to my photos and upload here.

I will not keep it of course. Just wanted to make you all aware that it CAN be done. I don’t know if SLC can prevent anyone from copying it or not.

This is just a heads up because of the security issues some of you have had issues with.
4 x

RS

Re: Just wanted to show you..,

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ok...removing it now.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

The image is easy to copy and paste as I was able to paste on a word document. Good thing we know most of the Moderators and someone attempting to pass as one should easily be detected. I would probably delete from your profile so that you are not banned from the forum for impersonating a Mod! ;)
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I knew immediately that could be done. No surprises.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Oh I did. I just wanted to make folks aware that it CAN be done.
2 x

LisaC2019

RS wrote:
4 years ago
RS you may have to sign out and sign back in because I can still see it on your profile!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I deleted it, I don’t see it. Do you?
2 x

LisaC2019

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Never mind your a "regular" poster now...thanks for sharing and I know there are issues because one day I placed an order and all remaining orders should have had free shipping. However, when I added more items to the cart there was a shipping fee for all of the item. I cancelled the order and when I attempted to place again...all of the items now had free shipping. I think this site has a lot of issues and there should be more oversight and emphasis placed on web security.
3 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Just in case...

But as you can see...I have the SLC logo as my avatar. I know that Mod Connor is a real Mod because I have interacted with him via email.

But all I had to do was copy his logo and add to my photos and upload here.

I will not keep it of course. Just wanted to make you all aware that it CAN be done. I don’t know if SLC can prevent anyone from copying it or not.

This is just a heads up because of the security issues some of you have had issues with.
Good Evening, RS!

I thank you for taking the time out of your evening and providing examples on this. It would certainly pose a security risk and cause confusion among our customers, with how easy it is to duplicate the avatar image.

Please rest assured, however, that I will be sharing this information with my entire team so that measures can be put in place, on top of what we currently have, to further secure ourselves and our customers from any impersonator(s).

Now that the information has been shared, this topic will be locked. Once again, thank you for the information regarding this, and hope you have yourselves a wonderful evening!
2 x