Shipping Problems

Lynmarie

Shipping Problems

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

I really don't have any idea what is going on with shipping anymore!

I placed an online order with Shop LC on 8/26/22 & it was shipped out on 8/29/22 from Shop LC & started being shipped from Austin, TX then it goes through all of the cities with UPS, then on 8/31/22 it gets to Kansas City, MO close to Central Iowa where I live.

It then goes to Des Moines, IA which is 1-1/2 hours away from where I live and it goes to USPS facility, then on 9/2/22 my package which I found out goes all the way from Des Moines to Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania which is 14 hours away & 962 miles away from Des Moines IA along with a load of bulk packages to be processed by another facility so they can be checked in to make sure every package is sorted since Des Moines USPS facility couldn't process them! My package now is called an "EXCEPTION" status because of delivery not being normal....

So finally it was processed today 9/3/22 & will have to shipped back to Des Moines, IA to be sent to my local post office 1-1/2 hours away & because of the Labor Day weekend it will not go out for delivery until 9/6/22 which will be "9" days later after my original order... I may get my package that holds two items a bracelet & a purse! I won't hold my breath!!
So we always want to blame the company we order through I have found out most of the time the past year it is the delivery UPS & especially the USPS that is delaying packages! It is NOT only Shop LC packages I have had trouble with other companies & shipping problems with UPS & USPS.

Amazon is the only company that if they see your order is late being delivered within their timeline they will reimburse your shipping & you don't even have to notify them, they keep track of it and contact the customer if they see it happens & put it a credit on your account to use with your next order!!
5 x

Bella

Re: Shipping Problems

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Amazon has their shipping down to a science. I’m not a Prime member but I do order from them frequently especially, dog food because my dog needs a special kind for kidney issues. I placed a order on Tuesday said I would receive it on Thursday and they sent me a email telling me I would receive it a day early. You can’t beat Amazon for their services. I to have been reimbursed for shipping charges automatically when something did not arrive when they said. They are on their “game” when it comes to shipping! Shop LC not so much.
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

What's the old saying around the world in 80 days seems this is what is going on robots or people don't read lables.🙄
3 x

Lynmarie

I ordered some pajama's through Walmart last night, I noticed after I place the order on "3" clothing items that were pajama's when I received a confirmation on my order the "2" out of the "3" items stated:

"If unavailable don't replace" then on the 3rd item it states: "Not Eligible for substitution" I have never ever seen this on items I ordered through Walmart over several years now and now something new to me again! At least Shop LC & Amazon show how many items are still in stock on items so you can make the decision to order or at least let you know items are OUT OF STOCK! Most companies do at least list online if item/s are OUT OF STOCK or how many items are left to order from I really don't get Walmart. Also I have notice Walmart's web site has a lot of Chinese companies as suppliers & has cut it's product line down by at least 50% of what you could order before.

In the last year I ordered a facial product stating it was out of Boulder Colorado & I didn't notice until later it had a Chinese name & when I received the item it was a spool of pink yarn not the product I ordered. I googled this & American customers listed several complaints especially if the shipment comes from the East Coast a lot of customers were getting buttons, plastic orange items you name it...just make sure when you order through Walmart online it doesn't have a Chinese looking name. I contacted Walmart & they gave me a refund after I had scanned pictures of the yarn & that the company did not list their name on the package but it had a Chinese location with Chinese lettering on the yarn package!

This all must have to do with supply problems that have been going on especially the last year, I googled & now I see they will send you an email asking if they can substitute on orders...I guess Walmart especially does this on online grocery ordering?! I cannot believe how the United States has completely changed since 2022 it seems like we are becoming a 3rd world country, we are going down fast in every aspect of our lives!

I have a bad feeling with Walmart doing this there will be a trend in all companies doing this, I don't like the feeling now that when you order products you may not get them like a person expected and instead will be refunded & have to look elsewhere.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Agreed....but shop lc knows how the shipping works and chose this way to ship. We know it doesn't cost $4 to ship tiny items, so they can't use the excuse of saving us money.

While it's not their fault and item is lost, they certainly are not doing us any favors...
2 x

Lynmarie

Re FarmMom:

I totally agree! I have seen other customers on this site that have watched Shop LC in England & they only charge one shipping cost when you order more than one of the same product...can you imagine how much money that would save customers here in the U.S. if they would do that here!
Sometimes I would like to order more than one but when I see the shipping cost I never do it unless I want it badly.

I think a lot of shoppers would order more if they wouldn't charge shipping for each item! Doesn't make any sense to me! The USPS is the worst for not getting packages delivered on time...UPS is almost just as bad. Amazon & Fed Ex are the best that I have seen in getting packages delivered on time!
1 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

How their shipping works at the sister channel in England is you can pay 9.99e a month or 89.99e for a whole year of shipping. You can buy as many items as you want for that price every month or a whole year. That is such a good deal. We have the awful deal here that you pay $29.99 for one day & buy as many items that you want. So who do you think is getting the better deal. I would like to know why we do not have deal here. They also do not keep selling the expensive high priced out the roof jewelry there either like they do here. This network has just gone crazy. I think they are trying to squeeze every penny out of who ever they can before our dollar drops any more.
1 x