OMG!! what is going on with Marva's Hair? Is she okay?

Lacy

Re: OMG!! what is going on with Marva's Hair? Is she okay?

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

Marva's new look. I think she looks better now. If she does have a medical issue, I hope she is ok. But now with the new wig, she looks healthier. I know she annoys some of us but she is one of the better hosts. From the new collection of new hires and others that have been here a while. (KIM) (Hannah). I'll watch Marva over them. She is very professional, presentable and (most) of the time she is polite to the other hosts. Lets face it, there is not many hosts that know what they are doing on this site, like Becky, Michelle, to name a few. We get what we get and have to decide to watch or not.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

Hello Lacy!

First I need to say that I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner when you inquired about how I was doing in a comment from last week in another thread
I just had enough time to try and catch up with reading the threads and then I am signed out of the desktop computer so I don't have time to get back on....most of the time I am reading them from my cellphone and as I have mentioned prior, I can't get to the forum anymore from the phone :(

So I am taking some TV time and not watching to get here to tell you "hello" and things are okay.....trying to stay positive with this inflation etc..
Hope all is well with you....
I agree that Marva will do in a pinch but it's her condescending attitude that makes it hard for me to watch long

By the way.....does she really wear a wig?
1 x

RubyTuesday

Post by RubyTuesday » 1 year ago

Marva has definitely been wearing wigs lately. Sometimes you can see some of her natural hair peeking out and it looks like she has not bothered to wear a wig cap underneath. The "hair" is thicker than her own and even has some storage creases.

The wig does not look like very good quality. I just guessed that ShopLC is testing a new product line from one of their clearance sources with an eye to selling wigs on air (like so many other networks). Then, when they introduce the wig line, it will be like "SURPRISE!" Marva's been wearing one of these for [however long] and no one even noticed!

My apologies if Marva has a health issue that makes it necessary for her to wear a wig -- but if that is the case, Marva, please check your health insurance policy. When I was in cancer chemo, my policy specifically DID pay for "prosthetic hair" - and it was not a cheap wig!
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Nope, still looks bad. She needs a better quality wig. I've met too many women that wear wigs and they look real nice. Just look at the part, that tells it all. She needs advise from Tony's stylist.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

off hand I cannot recall who MArva is, but my husband and I do marvel at one female host who DOES seem to wear wigs. The only reason we noticed was because there was a wood stove sales lady on YouTube who either has a strange twin or wears wigs because her hair slightly changes day to day (as do her outfit choices . ..)

But yes, we always notice the hair thing :)
1 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

I was watching Marva and Steve in the wee hours of the morning and I’ve been surprised to see her on at this time as she’s usually on in the evening. I almost couldn’t watch because between her laugh which sounds to me like a witches laugh and her awful wig I kept getting distracted. She has to realize that her wig looks like straw so I just don’t understand why she doesn’t do something about it.
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

I turn the volume off as many of us do. Her wig may look bad, but did you see her natural hair before the wig. It was tragic. I am sure she thinks it looks good. Otherwise why would she keep wearing it? I don't get it either. But, the wig is a step up from her hair. I hate to say. A better wig would look better but maybe she likes it, who knows. When she first wore the wig it was curly. It didn't look bad. I think she straightens it now.
1 x

Tina

Post by Tina » 1 year ago

FarmMom wrote:
1 year ago
off hand I cannot recall who MArva is, but my husband and I do marvel at one female host who DOES seem to wear wigs. The only reason we noticed was because there was a wood stove sales lady on YouTube who either has a strange twin or wears wigs because her hair slightly changes day to day (as do her outfit choices . ..)

But yes, we always notice the hair thing :)
You may be talking about Dionne. Her 'wig' is very big and horrible. I wish someone would tell her to get rid of whatever it is. It's too much. I love wigs and there's nothing wrong with a good weave. But that creature on her head is just horrible. She's a cute girl but she can't seem to get the hair thing right.
3 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 1 year ago

@Tina, OMG,LOL!! I love your post about the creature on Dione's head. That "Thing" looks like it's about to swallow her head.
1 x