Shipping on auctions

Lacy

Shipping on auctions

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I won 3 items on the auction (earrings), paid 3.99 each item for shipping. They came in 1 small, light package. They charged me 12.00 for shipping for the shipping that package. There is no way that the package cost 12.00 to ship it. Way to go LC to bill us individually and ship them together at at a lower rate with no savings to us. What happened to LC= Low cost. NOPE. They get you even in the the auctions.
7 x

Lacy

Re: Shipping on auctions Update

Post by Lacy » 2 months ago

I purchased 2 chains, 3.99 to ship each chain which they shipped in the same pkg. again. $8.00 to ship them. I called customer service, they said that all the items are shipped with individual shipping price. Even if they ship them together at a lesser price. If they are shipping the items in bulk at a discounted price, we should get the discount shipping price too. I am returning the sparkle chains, they are poor quality. They catch on everything, the scratch my skin. I'll ship them at my expense which will be cheaper than the 8.00 that I was charged to get them. I am done with LC now.
4 x

Bella

Re: Shipping on auctions

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

That is what I hate! If you only buy 1 or 2 lower priced items, and even more they “get” you for shipping! It’s like you have to buy $50 worth of merchandise to make it worthwhile. I think people would buy more if they could do something besides nickel and dimen’
people for individual shipping fees. Also, I can remember when they would have free shipping on some items. Doesn’t seem to happen as frequently anymore. JTV does it all the time!
5 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 2 months ago

So that means Shop LC makes money on shipping. Seems illegal or at least unethical at best. However, hope they have a good Accountant. Because if you charge clients for anything and make a profit, you have to claim said profit. Hope Shop LC is claiming their "profits" from shipping. Shame on them for this. Just wrong. Charge what the actual shipping is. Otherwise, those 87,000 IRS agents that was released just may pay them a visit! ;)
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 months ago

Good one colljoe!!
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 months ago

I won a $11 item and the shipping cost shows $7.99 like for 2 items. Their website has serious problems .This company becomes every day more unreliable….it’s a joke, but not a good one.
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 2 months ago

I noticed that they try express shipping auto if you don't put in standard watch that every time.👀👁👀👁👀👁🙄
3 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 months ago

I have not bought anything from them in months, I have quit, I will not do business with a company like this. What they are doing now to the AMERICAN PEOPLE MAKES ME SICK. People are trying to scrape enough money together to buy food, & they keep showing all of the expensive stuff It just blows my mind how much this net work has changed. I know women are not suppose to buy items unless they can pay for it, BUT when it is waved in front of your face & the host get their flashlights out, ( WHICH I DO NO UNDERSTAND ) & they have one host that POUTS if you do not buy his products, & Chuck just rubs it in he keeps rubbing & rubbing it in. He wants to be the one to sell the more products than any other host, He is always stumbling over his words, he wants to talk so fast He wants to sell as fast as he talks. Why do we keep buying from them & letting them do this to us????? I said a while back that I am done, & I AM DONE. AS I HAVE SAID A MILLION TIMES BEFORE THE CUSTOMERS AT THEIR SISTER CHANNEL IN ENGLAND ARE NOT TREATED LIKE THEY ARE HERE.Also making money on the shipping charges is VERY WRONG. We have 2 friends that worked & retired with the USPS, husband & wife, she worked for them for 26 yrs. her husband for 27 yrs. They know the USPS laws. I thought the shipping for the auctions were $1.99 now, has that changed? I know there are many customers that have tons of money to buy items from them, I am not one, but what hurts is when they buy a $2,000 ring, & do not have the money to pay for it.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 2 months ago

Sadly, MOST companies are actually run where they make money off the shipping. I used to have a merchandise website up and knew what it cost to ship priority, and would ALWAYS see companies charging an extra $5 for shipping.

It's a pretty genius sales tactic on their part, because it insures you buy $50 worth of merchandise each time to eliminate those small shipping charges. Thankfully they add TAX before they figure out if you'll be charged shipping . . . BUT, then they CALCULATE TAX if you DO have to pay shipping, and you pay tax on THAT too! THIS IS WRONG. You CANNOT pay tax on shipping. Shipping prices are already tax included!!

On another note, lets TALK shipping in general . . .

So, our FIRST two purchases from Shop LC were VERY expensive items. $4,000 tanznite ring and a $1800 tanzanite stone. They ONLY offered standard ground shipping. Our mail lady LOVES leaving our mailbox wide open. If that merchandise gets delivered, it leaves all responsibility on OUR end. If it blows away or gets stolen, we are crap outta luck. WHAT COMPANY DOES THIS??! NOT having options for more expensive items is a disaster! We quit buying anything over $100 after that. NOT WORTH IT.

JUST recently they began offering a faster shipping method, but not having an option like FedEx or UPS still leaves all responsibility on USPS which is KNOWN for losing mail and having issues . .
2 x