Anyone besides me??

buyitall

Anyone besides me??

Post by buyitall » 1 year ago

Is there anyone besides me that hopes they sell out of all their gold chains…soon! I am so tired of the 30 minute to almost an hour spent on a gold chain presentation! We can’t even get thru an under $20 day without long presentations of gold chains. I am glad clearance is finally over. I buy very little items during that because items are non-returnable. Other shopping networks are giving a lot of five pays….returns until January 31st 2023 already and even do returns on clearance and selling a lot of great gift ideas and decorating decor! Thanks to those channels I am almost through Christmas shopping! ShopLC is just pushing gold, gold, gold. I do not have the budget to buy myself a $100+ gold chain much less buy them for other people as gifts! Do they not get that people are struggling just to pay for gas, groceries, and bills that have tripled? I guess their new target audience is people with unlimited money and/or high limits on their credit cards. I am not willing to go in debt and pay high credit card interest rates just to get some high priced jewelry or gold chains. Those bills WILL come due! I cannot afford it. Anyone besides me feel this way?????
11 x

Lacy

Re: Anyone besides me??

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

It does seem planned. They weren't selling many chains until the price of gold went up. As if they were holding them for the right time to sell at that higher price. Now, the price stopped climbing so they say. Tell us to buy it now before the price goes up again. I don't think the average person buys a gold chain for the investment. . Don't be fooled.
10 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 1 year ago

Those gold chain presentations are soooooooooo booooooorrrrinnnnnng!!!! [As are the loose gemstones, usually.] They drag on and on. How many times do we need to hear the same few bits of info about gold?! :shock:
13 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I think the biggest way they could sell MORE of their chains is to ACCURATELY display them. Don't market everything as the same draw -- gold chans for guys to wear, etc etc.

I think they need to show chains both on the neckline AND with a pendant. AND on various sized necks. I've seen a few reviews complain about how short a chain is, and certainly it WILL be shorter if you have a bigger neck ;)

BUT, I do have to say that as far as I can tell, their gold IS lower priced than any place I have found. Quality wise, not sure. I know they swear gold is gold, but HOW the links are formed and the connections really make or break (literally) a chain.

I ordered my first gold knecklace, for my son, it looked great on TV, but after double checking the numbers I don't think it will fit him. a 1.8mm 18" chain is NOT going to work whatsoever for a guy. yet somehow it presented on TV to LOOK like it would. Funny . . . made that SAME mistake a few months ago buying a SILVER chain for him. Luckily that was only $10 so I wasn't out a ton of money. But if this ends up the same, I dont know how well it will look with a pendant on me :P
6 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

You should buy gold when prices are low not high and know what the current going rate for gold is by the gram, that’s investor advice 101. As far as for jewelry lovers I pretty much follow the investment logic. It seems that when gold is high the gram weights drop. I hate 14 or 18 karat gold jewelry with flimsy settings. I will pass on those items. Speaking of gram weights on jewelry, I have noticed that even Shop LC silver weight on many items, rings especially are not anywhere near what they were in the past. I have several really really heavy silver bracelets with gemstones I purchased maybe 5 years ago and the gram weights are really high. Nowadays they are lightweight and flimsy. If no gram weight is given for a item or it has no heft to it, I will pass on it.
3 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 1 year ago

buyitall wrote:
1 year ago
Is there anyone besides me that hopes they sell out of all their gold chains…soon! I am so tired of the 30 minute to almost an hour spent on a gold chain presentation! We can’t even get thru an under $20 day without long presentations of gold chains. I am glad clearance is finally over. I buy very little items during that because items are non-returnable. Other shopping networks are giving a lot of five pays….returns until January 31st 2023 already and even do returns on clearance and selling a lot of great gift ideas and decorating decor! Thanks to those channels I am almost through Christmas shopping! ShopLC is just pushing gold, gold, gold. I do not have the budget to buy myself a $100+ gold chain much less buy them for other people as gifts! Do they not get that people are struggling just to pay for gas, groceries, and bills that have tripled? I guess their new target audience is people with unlimited money and/or high limits on their credit cards. I am not willing to go in debt and pay high credit card interest rates just to get some high priced jewelry or gold chains. Those bills WILL come due! I cannot afford it. Anyone besides me feel this way?????
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Ughhhhhh! ENOUGH already! If I NEVER see another gold chain again it will be too soon! I purchased one that was $300 and it broke the first time I put it on! Sooooo disappointed! Also Customer Service seems to have forgotten how to “Service” the Customer! All they do is read their “script” and have zero power to actually SOLVE the issue at hand! I’m totally fed up with them and their lack of knowledge! I get better results talking to the wall! Unbelievable!
5 x