Grandmas Closet and Horse Patootie

colljoe

Grandmas Closet and Horse Patootie

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

I ordered three of the cashmere scarves. When I opened the usual bubble wrap envelope I was hit with a smell. But, when I opened the scarf boxes, Dear Lord, the stench was unbearable. Literally smelled like a combination of Grandmas closet and a horses patoot. Back they went. Thought it was just them. So disappointed. But, today just got a few items in, and they were shipped in the usual bubble wrap envelope. Inside were the gray gift boxes. I opened the envelope and What? That smell once again! NO! :shock: It smelled up the inside of the gray boxes too, but biggest smell was the inside of the envelope. What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had this happen?
5 x

FarmMom

Re: Grandmas Closet and Horse Patootie

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I noticed it too on my last few orders. I had figured someone in packing must be smoking weed or something, lol
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

That’s funny! Now I know why my packages sometimes arrive looking like a 2 year old packaged them!
4 x

colljoe

Folks, I believe I figured it out. That smell is of MILDEW. :( That means some warehouse, either in TX or where the envelopes are made, got flooded. Unfortunately, the mildew smell inside these envelopes are smelling up the product inside too. If you order any type of fabric, you may notice how it has transferred to it. Even inside the gift boxes, which is lined, smell real bad. I left it outside for a while too and it does not go away. I can't be the only one, so I believe Shop LC will be seeing a lot of returns.
3 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

I have noticed this smell off and on for several years - but it is now almost all of the packages I get. Even the jewelry boxes smell and if the jewelry is in a plastic bag, that smells also. Also, the little velveteen bags stink too. The jewelry does survive this odor though, so I immediately throw the boxes and bags, etc. away and put the jewelry in my UV sterilizer. I don't think I would even attempt at purchasing any clothing or blankets because I don't think you could remove the odor from them even with washing. It's a horrible smell and I agree - it's like mildew.
4 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 1 year ago

Yes! Some of them really stink! I order from other networks and never have this problem. I recently received some items I purchased to give as gifts. Now I am having second thoughts because they smell!!
2 x

colljoe

CHICAGO I pulled up my post about this for you to read. I believe it's probably from flooding during their bad weather. They are just too cheap to throw away the mildew envelopes and boxes.
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

Many people is highly allergic to mildew; it can trigger an asthma attack. Shop LC needs to be more careful with the products they sell.
0 x