Upgradation?

Mapper

Upgradation?

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

This is a ShopLC reply to a customer comment on FB 13 hours ago:

"We regret the inconvenience caused to you, due to our systems upgradation we were having issues with our site and we thank you all for your patience with us as we have navigated delays in some order shipments due to this. The good news is as of today we have shipments going out. And also we will have confirmation emails of shipments going out very soon as well. Please allow us 48 hours to update our database so we can better assist you with any concerns. Thank you very much for your patience and allowing us to deliver joy!"

upgradation:
a word that has become established in one variety of English (Indian) but is more or less unknown in other dialects of English.

Really? It's not just your systems that need an upgradation.
8 x

BostonIrish

Re: Upgradation?

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I agree 🙄
1 x

joy51

Post by joy51 » 1 year ago

since all this BS started I am having trouble watching never mind buying from this company!! Anyone else feel the same??
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Typical for them to come up with a word that is not a universally accepted valid word. Read this twice, yeah, it does not make any sense at all. Reminds me of their product descriptions. They are beyond ridiculous. "Fill your look with the ageless grace and elegance of this luscious genuine gemstone"... "essence of comfort and rich framework"..."suits the modern tastes and demands of men and women"... UGH! Who thinks like this, and then tries to put these words together and actually think it makes any sense? :roll: How do these people get hired for these jobs, and where do they come from? I guess there is no editing department. They need serious help with their marketing department, never mind their IT.
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I agree with you Colljoe on the product descriptions. They are beyond ridiculous. I literally laugh when I read them. It’s like the person that wrote them has just learned the English language!
2 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Or if they are not quite familiar with the English language, why hire them for that position? Why not a professional? It's not easy coming up with tasteful descriptions of things, and products. But we do expect better from such a world wide company. When I read their descriptions "it fills my head with the essence of ludicrous and tasteless banter, which leads itself to be a poorly written framework, which does not suit the modern tastes and demands of men and women"... :lol:
2 x

Bella

That’s funny! You should apply for the job, I know you can do better than who they have now!!
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

Bella wrote:
1 year ago
That’s funny! You should apply for the job, I know you can do better than who they have now!!
No thank you. I worked in retail for over a decade before my IT career. I wouldn't last an hour at ShopLC...I can't lie or be scripted and if I had to engage any of the hosts well....use your imagination.
4 x

Bella

I’m sorry Mapper I was referring to colljoes’ comment. My fault I should have specified so, but since you have IT experience I’m sure you could do a much better job then what Shop LC has for a IT team. I just wonder after this website issue what have they lost in sales? Have a good day!
3 x

joy51

Post by joy51 » 1 year ago

they lost me-can't even watch!!
1 x