I think I'm being Blacklisted!

colljoe

I think I'm being Blacklisted!

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

I have made no hesitations about how I feel about certain things going on with Shop LC. As have we all. But, for over 5 days now, I cannot "check out" to buy my cart. Simple things like slippers for friends and family. I have been in touch with customer service, they have accessed my cart to check me out, then puts me on hold, and says try again in 24 hours. That was two days ago and still, unable to check out and pay for my order. This is getting weird and I am not paranoid, but there has to be some reason I suddenly after, over 7 years, I am now having problems trying to "buy" at Shop LC. Really? Somethings up. Am I being censored? Hey dudes, there is so many other places to shop, just be honest. Waiting now for another call back to see what is going on. It's only $53.00 folks, so I am thinking this is their way of saying something else? Customer service has accessed my cart and asked permission to check me out, and then put on hold, and suddenly says there is a problem and they will escalate this and call me back. This is second time around now. Anyone else heard about this happening to anyone else? Is this their way of censoring and blacklisting? Last I checked, we still live in America but I'm beginning to wonder here what they think they are doing? Could be legit, but I'm beginning to wonder.
5 x

Bella

Re: I think I'm being Blacklisted!

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Colljoe… Shop LC I don’t believe would not stop you from purchasing on their website for anything expressed on the forum. You can have your access denied to the forum if you do not follow the forum guidelines for a certain period of time. Permanently, if it’s something really severe. I have not seen you express anything that would get you so called “blacklisted”. I’m not the one to determine that obviously, but to be honest I don’t think Shop LC cares much about the forum because no moderators pop in. Several weeks ago Danielle did and I posted how shocked I was! With all the glitches in their website (a few weeks ago I could not hardly view any product pages at all they were oversized) I would not be concerned or paranoid, just blame their IT team, Hope you figure out the issue your having so you can shop again. Hope this helps you feel better!
6 x

colljoe

Thanks Bella. It could very well just be their IT problems again, or some type of backlog due to Christmas, who knows. But they never did call me back. I am going to try again, one more time this morning to find out why customer service can't just check me out of my cart. It's just so odd. Who knows what's really going on over there. From hosts leaving, to terrible IT, just unprofessional all the way around anymore. When it gets to the point of using moldy shipping envelopes and gift boxes, that's hitting bottom. I have been turning to the other channels of lately anyway, so we shall see how this goes.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Good luck! After you call them I would ask how do you expect me to shop on your website? I do not know why they have so many issues with their website, look at Amazon with their inventory, they don’t have all the problems. When I did a online chat with the issue with the product pages not scrolling and being large they told me it was my fault, I said no it’s yours. Now the problem is fixed. I didn’t do anything. I to look for shopping alternatives, Amazon, Shop Hq (love their clothes) HSN, Gems en Vogue, Etsy (custom dog clothes for my 16 year old Italian Greyhound) and guess what? No website issues ever!
5 x

colljoe

Even those that are out of the country there are never any issues. Gemporia always so professional. But, I did call again this morning. Again once they got into my account they could not go any further. So at this point, I was going to just give up. But, got a call from a customer service agent just this afternoon. She was a real pro and tried very hard. She got into my account and had the same problem. She said she didn't know why, guessed it was an IT problem. So, what she did do for me was she was able to check me out using her own account. That's okay with me, as long as it worked, which it did. Again, nothing urgent, but I do like their socks with grips on the bottom and got a bunch at a really good price, for friends and family for Christmas. I guess I can chalk it up to an IT problem? We shall see.
4 x

Jonarts

Post by Jonarts » 1 year ago

That sounds very frustrating. How about you call personal shopper and work with them to place the order? Are you trying to save the shipping costs with the $50 and over free shipping? Not sure how that would work but maybe calling personal shopper would help.
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I once had a hard time commenting on here, and thought I was blacklisted as well. Figured out it was an IT glitch and once I clicked on something else it began working.

I'm glad you were able to get your items bought. You could always make a second account too, and then to be snarky, when it asks why you bought a certain item "because your website sucks and I can't purchase on my normal account.." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find they are quick to respond both to reviews and any other comments on their website, lol.

I love how they try to "push the blame" on US, like somehow we DID something . . .

And, as far as the blacklisting in America thing, that IS a very real thing and IS really happening, and sadly it's considered legal. As a professional social media entrepreneur, I can tell you companies don't NEED to give you a valid reason to erase you off. It's not considered a legal right. I see other influencers wiped right off with no reason given. One was a family cooking channel, clean as could be. Maybe they had thanked God, or mentioned needing prayer, no one knows, but they woke up one day and their 500,000 followers (that's over $200,000 in income a year btw) were gone as were their videos. You wonder why social media is so toxic, it's because the companies PUSH certain trends and ideas.

There WILL come a day when it extends beyond social media . . . cell phone use, internet, even electricity. If your views don't align a certain direction you will be cut off without question. There's a lot of stuff the regular population doesn't see going on in the background. Google blocks much of what you can see too. Just google "how to dispatch an animal in a trap" and you won't find ONE website, and IF you can find a link to a trapping forum, they WON'T tell you how to do it because THEY are threatened by their hosting company to be removed. YEs, if you run a website, your HOSTING COMPANY (the one you PAY FOR) can legally decline you service based off your website content.

Kinda reminds me of germany pre WW2 . . .
6 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

Thanks for the info Farmmom. This is like a global continuation of 1984 by G.Orwell. I never trusted social media.
5 x