I Can't believe This Happened!

FarmMom

I Can't believe This Happened!

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

This is a wild and crazy story, just a head's up!

Lil backstory: I never really owned jewelry until I found Shop LC. My first husband never bought me any, nor has my current husband (exception being a very excellent Tanzanite stone he keeps swearing to mount for me in a ring). Being a farm mom, I rarely have the chance to go anywhere nice, and WHEN I finally do, I realize with abject horror that I have NOTHING in the jewelry department to wear.

So, I have been pre-emptively buying jewelry for the last year "just in case".

One of my first full price buys was a stunning rhodolite garnet cluster ring, a NICE BIG ONE, perfect for maybe Christmas. I liked it so much I bought 2 more at auction for gifts!

So of course, last spring when they had a matching pendant/knecklace for sale, I HAD to get it. It would be the ULTIMATE Christmas pairing!

Everyday, when I go to get changed for the day, I pause at my jewelry box and pull out my phone to watch everything sprakle and shine, and dream of the (hopefully one da)y that I might get to wear some of it (that's a whole nother story we won't get into). At least I knew two items I WOULD get to wear, and had even been busy planning my Christmas outfit to PAIR with my stunning garnet gems.

Yesterday I came across a post online about a local family that had lost everything in a fire this week. A Mom, Dad, and three kids. I looked at the list of needs and began running through my head trying to figure out if we had any clothes that I could donate, or perhaps I should team up with our homeschool group and buy some needed items.

That's when I heard it. God said "Give the Mom your necklace."

I choked. Surely I had other recently bought necklaces I could gift her!
"Nope. Give her your favorite one, the one you've been dreaming of wearing."
I cried. Lots. All morning. I knew He was right. If it made me so happy thinking about wearing it, surely it would make her even more the happier. Maybe she had some fancy work event she had dreamed about going to, but now was sad because she had nothing to wear to it. or perhaps a big family dinner event. I didn't know her, or even what she looked like, but if God was telling me she needed my necklace, she must need it.

So I carefully placed it back into the box it had arrived in, and dug out a used Christmas gift bag (we recycle) and wrote up a quick letter explaining the gift, and dropped it off anonymously at the Fire Station with the firemen on duty.

But it ate at me. I cried all afternoon. I had NOTHING now to wear for a necklace to match my ring. I don't have too many things to look forward to in life, and this was one of the few. It was silly. Just a small family gathering. I would probably run out of time to do my hair. Forget to paint my nails. Always only ever "half put together". But for whatever dumb reason my brain had become fixated on this ONE OCCASSION to wear my fancy jewels.

So I did what most of us here do: I hit SHopLC and began looking for "something else". The necklace I HAD bought was out of stock . . . likely forever.

Maybe that breath-taking opal I had been wanting, perhaps I can find it in a nice pendant for under $100 . . .

NOPE.

Something else? Maybe another garnet pendant?

NOPE.

NOTHING WAS AVAILABLE. And anything REMOTELY workable was WELL out of my price range. And we all know how AWFUL the site is for even searching (lets not forget the auction site is even worse).

So I got creative! I found a set of nearly matching earrings, they were levelback, so TECHNICALLY I could use one as a pendant! It was genius, really! I could buy the same garnet beaded chain and just add the earring on! I also found a garnet pendant running at auction, not the same, but similar size at least. I guess I could make this work. But I wanted a coupon . . .

Early this morning I set out trying to decide on the earring cheat, or the auction pendant. I had items loaded in my cart (HEY! a 25% off coupon that ACTUALLY works!) and was ready to click buy when I saw a picture under the listing . . . my original necklace!

Impossible. I clicked it, and POOF! THERE WAS MY ORIGINAL NECKLACE! LAST ONE LEFT. It HADN'T been there just hours before. I quickly tossed it in my cart and VIOLA! The discount worked on IT too!

I cleared my cart of everything BUT my beloved necklace and clicked "purchase!". At $67 instead of $89 and ALL OTHERS going for $150 (prices going up) it was a heck of a buy!

So, I will get to wear my beloved necklace after all (as long as SLC ships it out fast enough).

And I feel like after all this stress and excitement so early in the AM I need to go back to bed, lol!
8 x

Serge

Re: I Can't believe This Happened!

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

FarmMom you’re a very special person and your story brought me to tears. I stopped reading in the middle thinking about all the jewelry I had and was there was anything in there that could maybe replace your necklace with so I could send it to you if I could somehow get your address. Knowing that would be hard to obtain I continued on reading and I was so happy to see that you were able to purchase the same one again. I truly believe in miracles and this surely was one given to such a special person. I hope you enjoy getting dressed up with your beautiful jewelry and wishing you a wonderful Christmas!
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

FARM MOM

Thank you for sharing a heartwarming experience you had with the necklace and especially with our Heavenly Father's hand in it :)
You listened to His Spirit speaking to you, and of course the devil tried to stop you from obeying God but alas, you knew what you had to do and gifted this poor gal with the necklace :)
What brings me to tears is how God rewarded you because of your obedience, it is so amazing when the impossible becomes possible when He is in control :D

I can imagine you gave God all the Glory, thanking Him for the surprise and blessing
There was no way you thought you would ever see that necklace again and poof! He provided !!
May you always enjoy the necklace that is yours to keep now, knowing it was God's work and blessing!
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Farm Mom You are an AMAZING Woman! Your story made me cried too! You have such a true Heart and I agree with MaeWes God was watching and He sent you to be one of his Angles on earth. I hope you wear that necklace and I am sure you will shine and look Beautiful Have a Beautiful Holiday you have touched so many You sure have me.😇😇😇😇💝🎑
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Thankyou ladies, I guess the necklace can now have an even more special place in my heart. Maybe someday God will allow me to tell the story of that necklace to a large crowd of people . . .

I wish you all a very blessed Christmas!
1 x