Doorbusters

BostonIrish

Doorbusters

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Oh my now there are once easing door buster prices they were 9.99 now 16.99 and 12.99 come on Shop L.C. quit jacking up these prices or you will loose slot of customers. I was going to buy necklace and bracket but I don't need them that bad. Don't know who is changing prices but I am not playing your game.💰😤
4 x

Mapper

Re: Doorbusters

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
Oh my now there are once easing door buster prices they were 9.99 now 16.99 and 12.99 come on Shop L.C. quit jacking up these prices or you will loose slot of customers. I was going to buy necklace and bracket but I don't need them that bad. Don't know who is changing prices but I am not playing your game.💰😤
Same here. I'm done. I'm just waiting for my last order to ship. The price of the item that I purchased changed 3 times since I ordered it. Im back to shopping at the J. I ordered 3 items that shipped before I woke up the next morning AND I received them in 3 days. That is what I call excellent service! When/if I receive the Bali glass piece I ordered I'll be discontinuing The Lab Direct as well. The Shop LC business model has become too volatile. There is nothing that it sells that I cant buy elsewhere.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

It's weird, a day ago I used the 25% off coupon just fine, now today they have a 30% off coupon, but everything in my cart went up 30%!! So I won't be doing those purchases . . .

Am I looking at the same J site as you? I have gone a few times but everything that I was looking for was more expensive there . . . I usually give up after 5 minutes.

I've been doing pretty good at Auctions this week. They have LOTS of men's rings on there that they DON'T have on their regular site for some reason. I've picked up a few for very reasonable prices.

But I feel bad for the new comers that don't know the trap they are falling into with the price games . . .
1 x

Mapper

FarmMom wrote:
1 year ago
It's weird, a day ago I used the 25% off coupon just fine, now today they have a 30% off coupon, but everything in my cart went up 30%!! So I won't be doing those purchases . . .

Am I looking at the same J site as you? I have gone a few times but everything that I was looking for was more expensive there . . . I usually give up after 5 minutes.

I've been doing pretty good at Auctions this week. They have LOTS of men's rings on there that they DON'T have on their regular site for some reason. I've picked up a few for very reasonable prices.

But I feel bad for the new comers that don't know the trap they are falling into with the price games . . .
I have been shopping at J for over a decade and ShopLC for 2 years. Yes, the J is more expensive but it is worth it. Their items are top quality, they don't grift, they don't bait and switch, they don't scream. 90% of their silver items are either rhodium or platinum plated, their gemstones are calibrated (Hence the higher prices), and their hosts are professional. They have a jewelers loupe, milimeter guage, and cleaning cloths on set and they don't color swatch with construction paper. I can purchase from the J with confidence knowing that what I see presented and what I see online is what I will get. Yes, prices at the J have gone up with inflation but they don't take you on a pricing roller coaster ride. I use the Capital One coupon extension on my Chrome browser which saved me $30.00 on a on a recent $74.00 order at the J. You don't have to be a Capital One customer to use it. There are other coupon sites out there as well. Just do an internet search.

I recently purchased, from ShopLC, 3 15ctw solitaire rings in Amethyst, Citrine, Prasiolite and 1 matching Prasiolite pendant. All were listed as having 22mm stones.During the presentation, they were measured with a ruler (not a guage) at just over 3/4" and stated to be 20mm and the rings were stated to be the same size as the pendant. The measurement with the ruler was close enough for me. When aired and online, the rings and pendants were physically all the same size. I guage and loupe everything I purchase regardless of where I purchase it. What I received were three rings that measured 17x14mm, 17x13.5mm, 17x13mm and pendant 20x13.5mm. The stones were poorly cut and faceted and one is actually taller than the others. In later presentations of the ring, the previews showed a grouping of rings with the same item numbers and description but appeared to be 2 different sizes. I had the rings and pendants saved in my wish list. When I went to my list to confirm what I was seeing, those items had been deleted and I did not delete them. I then went to FB and went through the presentation videos. The original presentation video does not exist. I was able to find the later presentations where I captured screenshots showing what I described previously. I also saved everything in my ShopLC favorites list to my browser favorites then deleted my favorites list on ShopLc's website. I have noticed that the grifting and bait and switch along with the constant price changes have rapidly escalated in a short period of time. To me it's obvious but to some it may not be. The Bali Glass piece finally has a tracking number after 6 days. I never received an order confirmation email or shipping notification email which is something that is happening intermittently lately. The rings and Bali glass items were my last purchase.
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Haha, I bought the same! I bought two rings and then two pendants! I figured for $30 it was worth it. My amethyst were pretty light colored, vbut I don't own any amethyst so I figured what the heck ;)

I agree the sizing is not accurate. Our very first purchase last year was a 4 carat tanzanite "AAAA" stone. 4 carats or more they swore! It was 3.9 according to the jeweler we brought it to. The cut was terrible and it had a small chip on the side. And it was much asshure cut, not emerald cut. It was a bad stone. We sent it back and got a ring. Same deal. Cut was terrible. At the time, Tony had been claiming to have been cutting all their AAAA stones too . . . I won't buy anything he claims to have cut . . .

on a side note, we are going to have my loose tanzanite stone brought to a jeweler for mounting tongiht (finally!). Killer deal at gemrockauctions (BEST PLACE EVER FOR LOOSE STONES).

I'm curious what the cost will be, and what the overall value will be (when we brought the plantinum tanzanite ring in last year they said a mounting would run $5000 ALONE and were shocked we paid only $4000 for a mount WITH stone. Unfortumately, plantinum is TOUGH to tweak, so swapping stones is not an option, NOR is re-sizing :(
1 x

Mapper

FarmMom wrote:
1 year ago
Haha, I bought the same! I bought two rings and then two pendants! I figured for $30 it was worth it. My amethyst were pretty light colored, vbut I don't own any amethyst so I figured what the heck ;)

I agree the sizing is not accurate. Our very first purchase last year was a 4 carat tanzanite "AAAA" stone. 4 carats or more they swore! It was 3.9 according to the jeweler we brought it to. The cut was terrible and it had a small chip on the side. And it was much asshure cut, not emerald cut. It was a bad stone. We sent it back and got a ring. Same deal. Cut was terrible. At the time, Tony had been claiming to have been cutting all their AAAA stones too . . . I won't buy anything he claims to have cut . . .

on a side note, we are going to have my loose tanzanite stone brought to a jeweler for mounting tongiht (finally!). Killer deal at gemrockauctions (BEST PLACE EVER FOR LOOSE STONES).

I'm curious what the cost will be, and what the overall value will be (when we brought the plantinum tanzanite ring in last year they said a mounting would run $5000 ALONE and were shocked we paid only $4000 for a mount WITH stone. Unfortumately, plantinum is TOUGH to tweak, so swapping stones is not an option, NOR is re-sizing :(
Yes, the Amethyst is "Rose De France" which is lighter in color. I have Brazilian and African Amethyst and wanted to try the Rose De France. I'll keep the rings and pendant but I wont purchase anything else from them. Congrats on getting your stone mounted!
2 x