What happened to jade

BostonIrish

What happened to jade

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Looks likes not much jade any more. I have noticed low stock on slot of items. What is going on?🙄
2 x

Bella

Re: What happened to jade

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I have noticed that to lately. A few years back they pushed Jade and Shungite so much it was nuts!
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Seems that way with many items. used to push certain gems for birth months, now I only see that for December (tanzanite, which is an alternative birthstone) and October with Opal.

Maybe they just were not selling much jade... I did see a presentaton last week on a few items, but not any large carvings like over the summer..
1 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I think they may not be buying any more.Is there a problem with Burma?
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

In early 2021 the Biden administration banned US companies from doing transactions with 3 organizations exporting Rubies and Jade from Burma. (Myanmar) I do believe some companies maybe are still exporting to the US. Keep in mind I’m no expert of the going ons of the gem trade in Myanmar. There is a lot of civil unrest going on there. I spent several days in Burma (in the military) and it was defiantly a place where you needed to be aware of your surroundings!
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I know my husband watched a show on Jade mining . . . it was in Canada I believe where they were pulling massive rocks out, most were exported to China . . .
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

The Jade pieces sold by Shop LC are dyed. The Jade is not even natural unless is Californian or Canadian jade.
Both Nephrite and Jadeite are expensive. Nephrite Jade prices are increasing.
2 x