I simply have no words for this..

FarmMom

I simply have no words for this..

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

What on EARTH......

https://www.shoplc.com/on/demandware.st ... 48:58.000Z

You'll have to copy and paste the link into the browser . . . this was a recent auction I had bid on and "D" once again made an appearance . . .
3 x

christee

Re: I simply have no words for this..

Post by christee » 1 year ago

I have no words as well!
I was going to create post about my auction experience but glad you posted yours so I'll reply here.
I'm having the same problem with 10k & 14k gold chains except it's not "D". It would be less suspicious if this person didn't overbid. Some examples: 10k paperclip chain 4.6g final bid price $838 & 10k alexander chain 10.4g final bid price $2002. They're bidding on chains today too. It's discouraging to see this bidding behavior and there's no way it's a re-seller buying inventory.
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

This bidder must be kidding or blind!😎
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

On some items, I could understand if it's a discontinued size . . . I have had good luck with that. Often my size is no longer carried or sold out, so I hit the auctions and there it is! I would be willing to pay slightly above normal price IF it's something I've been wanting for a while, or, in the case of Men's rings, they simply don't carry that item at ALL, so I can only guess what normal price would be.

Side note, i HAVE noticed that the auction listings are often NOT the same as normal site listings for that same item. "Retail value" is often marked up a lot on the auction site, no doubt to fool us into assuming what it's normal price would be on the site (we all know retail isn't accurate, but you can get a general idea of their "normal" asking price)

Christee, were you looking to buy gold chains, or just happened to notice the behavior? I've done lots of pricing with their gold, and 99% of the time their pricing is actually higher than other online sellers, for the exact same items and gram weight in regards to chains. Rings, pendants and earrings I have not priced out much, but DO know they are far less than going to the local stores.

With that said, I am finding you can get a gold mount for a pendant for under $150 . . . something sold here would be an extra $250 for the gold mount...
3 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

This overbidding has been going on for a long long time - at least ever since I started shopping here a couple years ago. I don't quite understand how they can continue to allow this, unless for some reason it is someone hired on their staff to do this just to make us think they are actually putting these certain items up for auction and they really aren't. This just continues to baffle me. The names these people (or person) use change periodically. I am surprised they don't get alot of complaints about this happening. The winning bid is often way higher than they are asking for the product on their actual website - by alot!
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

Shop LC cannot control these bidders. The same story continues. I remember Merilee who was bidding on multiple items.
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Margui I so remember her! 😖
1 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

The following is stated on their site, so I would think they do have some control if they wanted to use it. Or, maybe they do hire people to do this for them??
"We respectfully request that our customers only place bids on items in which they have a genuine interest and intent to purchase. Continuously placing bids on a large number of items and then not purchasing those items once you win the auction is not recommended. Placing excessive bids on items with the intent to hinder the shopping experience on Shop LC's $1 Online Auctions platform, may lead to corrective actions, including restrictions of your buying privileges, suspension of your account and/or legal proceedings."
2 x