MILDEW

Chicago

MILDEW

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

It seems that almost all of my orders now come with a really bad mildew or moldy odor to them. The gift boxes smell, and packaging. I have to immediately throw them away and put my jewelry items into my sanitizer. I refuse to order any clothing or items that can't be washed as I'm afraid it will smell this way too. I do not understand how they can continue to send merchandise with this odor of what could be causing it. Any ideas? Have you noticed it too?
3 x

Druid

Re: MILDEW

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

I ordered a leather bag that came with a horrible smell.Left it 2 weeks outside and the smell is still there. It was for a gift but now I think for the garbage.
1 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 year ago

@Druid I received a Chaos leather handbag a couple weeks ago and the strong odor was off but I attributed it to the leather source, treatment, or dyes. I've been using it since and it's gotten better.
1 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Chicago, I noticed the smell also on several items I had ordered since the Fall, it was in the packaging the items came in. It was really strong but the items quickly lost the smell. I bought a winter winter hat that smelled and mostly jewelry I ordered. It was a very strong pungent smell that I couldn't figure out but like you said it DID smell musty or like mildew. I had to reply to your post because it happened to me and I couldn't believe products were sent out like that!
0 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

CHICAGO Read above. I pulled up my older post called "GRANDMAS CLOSET AND HORSES PATOOTIE" about this MILDEW smell. It's still going on. Disgusting and unprofessional.
0 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I think it's actually the GLUE used to make stuff . . .

The reason is, I bought a pair of "leather" (vinyl) pants on Amazon that everyone complained smelled like dead fish. Sure enough, my pair did as well. I'm thinking it's got to be something in Chinese manufactured goods that is causing the odor.

I managed to wash my pants and let their air dry and it did help a lot . . .

Just my 2 cents, lol
0 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

Farm Mom - you could be right about the glue. The smell is definitely very strong in all of the jewelry boxes and maybe that lining is "glued" in with a smelly glue. I also bought a really pretty shungite chest. It is covered with small shungite stones that are glued on. It still smells after over a year - inside and out. It has been sitting in my basement all this time with charcoal in it to help, but it hasn't made any difference and it still stinks. I'm really surprised that more people arent bringing this to their attention.
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I’m probably not the best person to be commenting because my sense of smell is not that great. However, a few years back I purchased a couple of cheaper quality leather handbags and they smelled horrible! I aired them out & there fine. Lately I haven’t noticed it much, I need to start sniffing and checking out my purchases better with my sense of smell! If it’s glue I wouldn’t think they would be using it on leather bags. Maybe it’s a combination of a couple of different things.
0 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Bella I have purchased too many handbags over the years and slot do have a mold odor. I am not sure if it will ever come out.🙄
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 1 year ago

A quality product like they said to have should not smell like that. I think Shop LC should stop making some of their products in China. Many of those products are low quality and some of chemicals used could be dangerous for your health.
1 x