What you DON'T Know about Modani . . . .

Bella

Re: What you DON'T Know about Modani . . . .

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Love me some horses! Not only do they eat your money, they most certainly require your time and commitment. As a teen I was in 4H and worked with horses and years later worked on a cattle ranch out West with horses. I loved it!
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Topaz2020 wrote:
1 year ago
From what I understand, Modani is the parent company of many lines of jewelry. When it’s called Modani the pieces are usually high end pieces of jewelry. I don’t think they are hiding anything to be deceitful. They are a private company and can share information as they wish. Many times jewelry is manufactured by another company. And Modani may make the jewelry but distribute under a different company name. It’s a way of preserving the name of Modani as a very expensive maker of fine jewelry. Companies have these practices often… like having name brand vs. generics. I don’t buy Modani because I have a horse who eats money. But I certainly would buy from them with confidence when I win 100 million in the lottery!😍😎😜
I have two horses so I understand your reference ;) But I also grow their hay too, so I don't pay their feed bill :D

My complaint is in regards to ALL the BS. if it was just a number leading to other numbers, then so be it. But the website itself is a hoax, and everything I have found online also seems to be a farse.

It's the collection all together that screams BS. Just like Shop LC. If they ONLY had issues with tracking orders, and nothing else, we'd just be a bit grumpy.
If they ONLY had issues with the website links not working, we'd be a bit grumpy.

But you take the incorrect listings, poor website coding, awful customer service, lost/missing orders, AND star manipulation, and well, now you have furious customers seething from every pore . . .

And I have a pretty good intuition when it comes to the good, the bad and the ugly. And it's never been incorrect ;)
2 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 1 year ago

Last edited by Rolltide 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
4 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 1 year ago

Of course there are bench jewelers, but most retailers use manufacturers who make lines for many brands. Nothing shady about it.
1 x

Shiloh

I just consider the price points A $199 turkizite or a cheap sapphire is probably only worth one's wearing pleasure.
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I agree on the turkizite. It's only worth $$$ if it's backed by the offical mining company under "zuntanite" or "Csarite" with certificate of sale. For that reason I won't buy it.

I highly doubt the Modani jewelry is made in new York, it's likely run on short run operation facilities in India. It's an Indian company afterall, why would they waste money manufacturing here in the states?

The "scam" part is the whole picture of it all. A website that is not fully functional yet makes every effort to appear as such. A half-hazardly run social media presence. A phone of many numbers.

It's a company, and Modani is the name of the "line" of jewelry they make. Much like "dJoy" or" Rhopsody". Those are manufactuer names that ShopLC either owns or retains the rights to. Djoy actually was originally owned by someone else, and ShopLc bought them out.

Shop LC is very skilled at smoke and mirrors, and when they run a company that way everything suddenly screams smoke and mirrors.

Bottom line, you can call anything "designer" or what have you, and even running a search online presents the opinion that there is really no clear definition of what constitutes "designer".

But the stories SLC spins about Modani, and the business. etc etc, like I said before, you see too many smoke and mirrors and the show loses it's appeal . . .
2 x

Shiloh

@FarmMom , You are spinning in circles. Buy according to price points and get your pieces appraised by reputable appraisers if you feel you have an investment. Its as simple as that.
2 x