What you DON'T Know about Modani . . . .

FarmMom

What you DON'T Know about Modani . . . .

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

ok, so we've all seen the shows regarding Modani jewelry. I gotta admit, their stuff looks REALLY nice. My husband was a second too late in pulling the trigger (thankfully) on a ring when my size ran out, and no, CANNOT be re-sized when there are side stones. So, outta luck.

I began looking around for Modani online to see what else they offered. Shop LC claims they sell their stuff for 10x more, right?

Wrong. It was only slightly more.

While that doesn't seem so bad, here the the other truth . . .

it's a scam company.

Like Shop LC, they have MAJOR issues with their website. In fact, it won't even process an order. It brings you all the way to CC info and then displays an error page. So I decided to call them and let them know their site isn't working . . .

You CAN'T.

In fact, it's actually like 10 different companies all operating out of one building. They sell wholesale stuff to other companies, but not the "jewelry company" Shop LC claims them to be. In fact, they don't have any info listed ANYWHERE other than their website. I'm not even sure the website is operated legally as by law, info must be listed on websites as to the ownership there of. It can be listed as private, but it MUST be listed as something.

The FOC has no record of this company online.

And of course, when I called, I received an automated message, directing me to one of dozens of sellers, of which the seller again, didn't answer.

I fully expect this thread to be deleted. The truth always is. And to go to such lengths to fool people is downright disgusting. It's a nice ring . . . why not just present it as such? instead of this charade of a fake "designer jeweler"??!

I'm really beginning to think the people who run Shop LC must think us all fools to go to such great lengths to trick us and toy with us. The stuff is nice, just let the products sell itself!!! And then when you try to point this out and tell them all the ways they are ruining their company, they get furious and tell you to go away.

Tony was once again at it last night crooning about how well he and his team cut tanzanite . . . if they call their cutting GOOD I wouldn't want to see what BAD looks like. The two large tanzanites we bought last year were so bad the gem meter at the jeweler could barely even read them (table was not even flat). The jeweler looking at our stones told us all about good cutting, and now I am always looking. Tony's stones were some of the worst cut stones the jeweler had ever seen. Why he feels the need to brag about his lack of skills, I will never understand. Poorly cut stones are worthless. They CAN be re-cut, but at the loss of carat weight. So back they went.

Raise your hand if you JUST WANT SHOP LC TO BE A NORMAL NICE COMPNAY WHO LOVES AND APPRECIATES THEIR CUSTOMERS . . . .
7 x

BostonIrish

Re: What you DON'T Know about Modani . . . .

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

FarmMom I looked up this web site wow out of my price rang but Beautiful.💍
2 x

BostonIrish

Price Range.😏 not rang.
1 x

FarmMom

They had a few items similar to what Shop LC was presenting that were only $750 more. But yes, most of it is exceptionally expensive. But you cannot actually buy anything, it's just a "window display". It's just smoke and mirrors..
4 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

FarmMom Impressed with your research and Thank You! We all need to be diligent about our purchases. Do appreciate you.
5 x

FarmMom

colljoe wrote:
1 year ago
FarmMom Impressed with your research and Thank You! We all need to be diligent about our purchases. Do appreciate you.
No problem Colljoe!

I try to assume everyone (or company) is good and kind, but as a mother I know if I catch wind of a fart, there's **** to follow with it :lol:
0 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 1 year ago

I now know that the hosts look at our posts because Cheryl was on the other day and talked about this post. She said that Modani only talked to the people that he wanted to. She also said you couldn’t just walk into his jewelry store that you either had to have someone recommend you or you had to set up an appointment to go there. I guess that’s one jewelry store I’ll never visit!
0 x

BostonIrish

I won't be visiting any time soon Ha Ha😏
1 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 year ago

Very late last night (actually early morning) I watched the gemshopping channel and they had a fast paced Modani auction. The jewelry was high quality and incredibly fancy- most of it was impractical for daily wear. Definitely not what we see on ShopLC.
2 x

Topaz2020

Post by Topaz2020 » 1 year ago

From what I understand, Modani is the parent company of many lines of jewelry. When it’s called Modani the pieces are usually high end pieces of jewelry. I don’t think they are hiding anything to be deceitful. They are a private company and can share information as they wish. Many times jewelry is manufactured by another company. And Modani may make the jewelry but distribute under a different company name. It’s a way of preserving the name of Modani as a very expensive maker of fine jewelry. Companies have these practices often… like having name brand vs. generics. I don’t buy Modani because I have a horse who eats money. But I certainly would buy from them with confidence when I win 100 million in the lottery!😍😎😜
1 x