What’s going on? Auction site?

buyitall

What’s going on? Auction site?

Post by buyitall » 1 year ago

Just went to the auction site and was surprised at lack of inventory! I clicked on handbags and only six were listed! I have never seen so few before. Other categories I clicked on also just showed a few items. What’s going on with the low inventory here?? Anyone else notice this?
1 x

FarmMom

Re: What’s going on? Auction site?

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I wish I could say this is the case. Sadly it's worse than that. Their web developers have taken a coffee break that is never ending and just didn't feel like coding everything correctly.

In a nutshell, you have TWO options....

1.) you click 'all auction items" and enter a search term (such as handbag) into the search box. With some degree of luck, it should display most of them.

2.) you just click "all auction items" and manually search for them.

In the world of coding, every item must be sorted and categorized for a marketplace website. there is a LOT of work involved, and they are not cheap to make, so investing in a GOOD TEAM is critical. Shop LC opted for the cheap route . . .

So for the auction, it runs it's own inventory list, separate from the normal list. Even sometimes the suggested retail price and/or item description may be different. Each item must be sorted to the correct category, just like on the main site. Let's say there is GOLD, SIZE 7 LUSKA AMETHYST RING WITH WELO OPAL SIDE STONES.

A good DEVLOPMENT TEAM WOULD LIST THAT ITEM UNDER "WELO OPAL", "aMETHYST", "LUSKA AMETHYST", "GOLD", "RING" AND "SIZE 7" ALL THOSE CATEGORIES..

But they don't. Only 1/4 of all items have ANY category they can be found in. So while you might click "purse" and it shows 6 purses, there in reality may be 25, but the remaining 19 were not added to that category they were lost during the long coffee break.

Now, by clicking "all auction items" at the top, you tell the system to show everything. Then, by entering a search term in the search box at the top "Welo opal", it THEN is able to search THAT PHRASE based off each item's title (or sometimes description), and show you 95% of what's available.

Last tip, instead of CLICKING on an item you want to look at, right click it and click the pop up option "Open in new tab". This will keep your current auction screen valid while allowing you to quickly look at an item you may wish to bid on. You then close ONLY that tab when you are finished, and can resume your normal auction scrolling.

IF YOU DON'T, then the auction page may fully re-set itself and you'll have to begin a new search, or it may place you halfway up or down the page you were looking at.

And as a general rule of thumb, don't be a jerk and bid someone up on something you see going for a great deal. Smile, wish them happy bidding and hope you may get a great deal like that too ;)
(Not that anyone on here does, but if someone happens upon this thread and they HAVE considered doing that, this tip is for them)
2 x

FarmMom

Re: What’s going on? Auction site?

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

On a side note, I did just check and it's pulling up 153 bags on my computer and my phone... so not sure what's going on there.

I was only able to get purses to show up searching term under "leather" (and still get most to display). "Handbags" would not work.

So, try a few different things.
0 x