Why do I take chances?

christee

Why do I take chances?

Post by christee » 1 year ago

I had a 20" 10k paperclip style chain in my shopping cart for over a month. The price increased several times ($700+) so I waited to see if it would go back down to a reasonable amount. Six days it finally did ($369.99) and I bought it.

Today it arrived and it's obviously pre-worn, mishandled, or a manufacturer second. The long links are hollow and a few are are slightly bent or dented. The gold is so thin even though the chain weighs 6g. At least it weighs more than they put at 5.7g. In my hand it feels like it's made from aluminum foil lol. Definitely not a wear all the time chain-maybe during a night out for dinner. I feel like a fool because I pulled the trigger based on positive reviews and watching the video presentation.

Anyway, I decided it would be better to return but then I read the invoice and it mentions non-refundable from the clearance event. I honestly don't remember the price being in red and I'd know better than to take the huge risk on a high priced clearance item. As of now it is still available-at a higher price and NOT on clearance.

Do I even bother contacting customer service?
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: Why do I take chances?

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

I would give it a try, that is the only thing you can get from them that does not cost you any thing. I do care how bad I want it I do not buy any thing over $20 during a clearance sale. I have heard on here from others that weather you buy it from TV or off the website it is all clearance & nothing can be returned that is bought during the clearance sale. I think we are better off paying a little more & buy it some where else, JTV has nice items, they charge more but you are buying quality items. With SLC it is a guessing game. You are not the only one that takes chances, many of us have. I use to but I learned my lesson.
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

My Son had a beautiful link chain he had to sell it it was 28 grams 10 k only got $ 490.00 It seems every where they are charging big money just don't try to get your money back when trying to sell it.🤑
1 x

BostonIrish

Christie if its Damaged they will take it back call them tell them damaged you are retiring it. Good luck.🤗
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I'm sorry Christee, what a headache!

Yes, ALL of their gold is hollow, don't feel bad. A few months ago I was price comparing and again and again stores that had the same chain all stated it was HOLLOW. The SOLID chains were MUCH more money and much heavier.

With that said, at least the chain you chose is easy(er) to repair if broken. And the hollow chains ALL break. Rope chains being impossible to repair. That's what I read on several gold info sites, lol. And why I bought my husband a figaro chain (hollow is all I could afford), it's easy to fix if needed.

I think their clearance event was a whole scam, running it a SOLID month and only having the tiny red line at the bottom which I never noticed until someone on HERE pointed it out . . . and I watch very often!

Worse, is if shopping on the website (not Live TV) clearance is NOT LISTED ANYWHERE on the item (despite customer service claiming it is).

I recently returned an item assuming it was NOT clearance, since nowhere did it say on my invoice or on the item. It did not include a return label, but I sent customer service my order number and explained it, and they e-mailed me a label. So I am ASSUMING it's returnable . . . still waiting on that . . . according to the website they will send you an e-mail notifying you of receipt of the item. I mailed it back January 5th, it's been 15 days . . . called customer service Monday and they had just received it (on this they always lie and claim to have received it . . . it's the same story anytime I call on a return, like a script . . .). Anyway, I am only out $40 but still . . . they get enough of my money . . .

best wishes on this (not so fun) adventure!
2 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Call them and tell them exactly what is going on with this. Let them know it's damaged. Emphasize the "bent and dented" part which shows it's damaged. A very good reason to return and even if it was on clearance, they do take back defective or damaged items. Tell them to email you a return label.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

What a horrible way to run a business and treat customers! I know I have purchased items in the past and nowhere on the website did it say clearance…then you get the invoice and it states clearance all sales final. It’s like a twist of a knife in your back. Lousy way to do business. Heed the warning! Don’t buy expensive items during clearance!!
2 x

christee

Post by christee » 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for your input. The chain was not on clearance. The price was in black text and had been in a tv presentation earlier. and maybe it was a clearance event. I didn't see it. I was already familiar with their non-refundable policy on clearance and $1 auctions so I knew not to take the risk on expensive jewelry. The chain is still available at about $100 more than I paid and is not on clearance. Yesterday they had 3 left in stock. Today there are 4 which tells me they're getting returns. So I contacted one of their live agents via online they said I could return it. They offered to email a return shipping label and I said yes. It's been over 12 hours and haven't received it yet. I submitted a less than favorable review that included a pic of the dented link. Guess what, it hasn't been posted. On a happier note: I won a gold over sterling Italian paperclip necklace for $11 at auction and received it today. I love it!
3 x

BostonIrish

Happy for you it will last longer than gold chain.😊
3 x

Gus

Post by Gus » 1 year ago

Please be aware anytime that Shop LC is doing a clearance event all items fall under the no-return policy whether they are marked with red or not.
Also be careful, price reductions can be clearance too! As a rule I use the chat feature and ask the operator if the item can be returned, plus I screen capture that conversation so if there is a dispute I have something to aide in my claim. Like many others I have been stuck with items that were not marked with clearance but was sold during the event, plus it is important when shopping on Shop LC online, which I only do, to check in on the live TV, because you may miss that a clearance event is happening or has been extended. But the best rule to follow is always ask!
4 x