Confusion about the shipping cap

Firemom

Confusion about the shipping cap

Post by Firemom » 1 year ago

I've been shopping with ShopLC since October/22. This is my first time posting here. The shipping cap of 9.99 for today (01/20/23) is as confusing as anything I've come across in a while. The website says it's for live tv (I only get ShopLC on the internet), the hosts say it's for automated orders, one host just said something like "once you accumulate 9.99 shipping, you won't pay shipping for any other orders today.". A customer service rep said that you have to call in while the item is being shown (my item was on the program guide for a certain time...yet wasn't shown in a 6 HR period). The customer service rep even said that it is confusing, and that "it's just the way the company wants to do it."

If ShopLC wants to give a shipping cap to its customers, it should be company/site wide. And please, make sure that your website, customer service reps, and hosts all say the same thing.

Apparently, consistency and transparency aren't strong points at ShopLC. Very disappointing to a new customer.
5 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: Confusion about the shipping cap

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

If you would go back a year or 2 on here & read all of the complaints that all of us Shop LC old timers have complained about you will understand how this place works.They are not doing all of this for us. It is for their pockets. If it was for us we would be getting site wide shipping with $9.99 cap. They are telling us what we can buy to get this shipping, how crazy is this? I wish every new customer would read these posts before they start buying items from here. I did not know about this until I was a customer for a while. Once I started reading I could not stop.
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Again, that’s why I never buy cheaper items from live Tv. The shipping will bite you in the end. I bundle my items to meet the $50 threshold for the free shipping. Impulse buying from live Tv for cheaper items usually is in Shop LC interests, not the customers.
2 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 1 year ago

Bella - I agree with you. I bundle my items too until I reach $50.00. It can be tempting sometimes to get the inexpensive items or do a buy all, but the shipping can be really ridiculously expensive when you have to pay it for each item in the buy all. In my head, I always add $4.00 to the price of the items they are showing to decide if it is worth it and if I really want it that bad.
2 x