Any Resellers or Stone Setters here?

Shiloh

Re: Any Resellers or Stone Setters here?

Post by Shiloh » 1 year ago

Oops, meant to say "denigrating", should have previewed.
0 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Yeah, but Shop LC is the “King of shopping games.” I was wondering Shiloh, do you have any expertise in jewelry? I always love to hear what others have to say about their experiences or opinions. Many people approach things with a grain of salt added… and I understand that, but I would never dismiss someone for their opinions or their experiences with the business end of jewelry in general. (heaven knows I’m no expert!)I think just listening and sharing stuff is what makes us all love the hobby of collecting, selling and buying jewelry and gemstones. Their are times when perhaps agreeing to disagree is best left unspoken.
3 x

Shiloh

Post by Shiloh » 1 year ago

@@Bella , I am a very long-studying jewelry enthusiast who winces at some of the stuff I have been reading here.

That's all, no more, no less. I think I got it of my system.
1 x

Bella

Well from one jewelry enthusiast to another, I hope you feel better! Have a good day!
0 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I just find it strange, your name says you joined just today, not years ago like some of the others on here. You come in here guns a-blazing, looking to pick a fight first thing.

You didn't start off by saying "I have bought many nice pieces of jewelry from SHopLC, and have enjoyed their show." You actually made NO mention of having bought ANYTHING from them whatsoever. Nor did you bother to try to acutely defend ShopLC as your favorite seller.

You made no mention of customer service, you mad e no mention of hosts.
You made no mention of website issues or offers or auctions, you made no mention of shipping.

You made absolutely NO MENTION of anything except that what I am saying is wrong.

I read a lot if not everything that others on here post. Your conversational dialogue does not fit. It does not match, it does not coincide.

I've read people posting good things, and people posting negative things. Your comments are neither.

Therefore it is my conclusion that you in some way or another are connected with Shop LC staff, and are just here to "stir the pot".

I'm sorry, it's too late for you to argue otherwise. And I'm sure you will try to. But it's what you DIDN'T say in your first few posts on here that has given you away.

You ask why I shop here, and the answer is I no longer do. After they re-claimed my last auction win after assuring me that it was in the mail and would arrive in 5 days, only to cancel my order, I'm absolutely done. I will make all my items from now on. And I will try out JTV for a spell perhaps . . . it doesn't come on my TV but I think they stream on YouTube..

I've had Amazon lose an order maybe once a year, but they are ON TOP of it, and I don't have to wait on customer service to attempt to help me out.

But the biggest thing, I FEEL BAD for the staff. They had NO IDEA how poorly run the company is. If I have to point out to customer service that they ONLY offer DHL shipping via the USPS, then there is no hope.
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

Hi FarmMom, please, disregard the mean comments, this is probably a troll in search of worthless confrontations.I value very much your jewelry knowledge and appreciate your posts. Since 2 years ago when another knowledgeable person who used to buy high end items fro this company was banned, and some others at the same time for critics…I have not found the forum posts interesting and have not participated much. Your posts, though, are always interesting and your research matched mine many times. So, thank you for your posts and ignore the worthless mean comments.
4 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

FarmMom keep your posts comming! I so agree with you Druid. I bet you talking about R.S. I miss Her Too.😪
3 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

@BostonIrish Yes, I was thinking of R.S. and some others too who had witty posts and also a good sense of humor that shoplc could not appreciate. I think it’s nice when people share their knowledge about jewelry and purchase experiences. I am interested in gemstones and make some research too but I never bought very expensive jewelry on line. So, I value other people expertise and experience as opportunities to learn. I also prefer to read instead of watching hosts’ presentations, their goal is just to maximize the sells rather than true info. I also found out that many times the information about the gems treatment is fake. This same company has often the same items on eBay and Amazon with different info about the gems treatment , example, recently ,for the same yellow saphire pendant I found on the shoplc website that is “heated” and on eBay “ diffused” ( seller …shoplc).
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

@Boston Irish
@Druid

Thankyou both :)

I don't believe Shiloh was a troll, I believe it was likely a host . . . I've heard the mention of the word "bloviating" before. A very "old" word not often used anymore, so the few times I hear it I giggle.

Two come to mind: Michelle and Tony.

I can't imagine Michelle running crazy on here since she is enjoyed by all of us and wouldn't want to scare her fan base away, but I could definitely see someone ELSE coming on here pretending to be a "commenter". I did write "shopper" at first, but the person clearly did NOT want to be associated as a shopper, so I changed it to "commenter". And there's only one host who would rather fall over than make a purchase from SLC.

So while it might NOT be a host, simply a random staff member, I would write the conversation Shiloh said down and listen for key words and phrases the next few weeks during the live broadcasts, and see if anything strikes a note ;)

---- EDITEED TO ADD: Poster used the word "pickins" spelled exactly like that. The host I'm thinking of wouldn't say that phrase, but I could be wrong..

DRUID:
I had seen SLC selling on ebay and Amazon, but didn't know the descriptions were different. That's very concerning. As it happens, I was just reading abouot sapphires being diffused. usually injected with colored glass, it makes them more colorful and more stable if they are so badly cracked they are not usable. They don't sell for much online. I found one example was a whopping 8ct stunningly blue speciman selling for . . . . $16.00. It looked GOOD, but not knowing enough about diffusion and how it plays a role in price makes me step back from the purchase. I did buy a dainty little 1ct non heated, non treated blue sapphire from Thailand for $2.

As I mentioned before, SHopLC is good for novelty stuff but not collectable grade stuff. Good for learning about new gems and looking for reptuable places to buy them ;D

But I do appreciate you pointing that out. I had bought their color changing fluorite ring last year and was so excited by it. At the time, it had been listed as no treatments. Now, it's listed at treated. Upon reading online, by heating fluorite you can turn it into a color change stone. Natural color changing fluorite is very rare (why I had bought it in the first place). So now the ring has left a sour taste in my mouth knowing it's not what it claimed to be.

At the end of the day, we are here because we have developed a love and appreciation for gems and jewelry. I don't have any friends who share my enjoyment, so it's nice to find a group of women here who can relate and share their experiences :D
3 x

Bella

This forum has never been the same since RS was booted and so many others along with her. Nowadays it doesn’t even seem like Shop LC gives a rats behind about the forum!
4 x