Make it Worth my While . . .

FarmMom

Make it Worth my While . . .

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Well, I'm joining the ranks of some of you others in the great debacle of waiting for stuff that hasn't (and likely won't) ship out.

Ordered several items from auction, and only one of the group shipped. Fairly normal. But after 7 days two items were still not "pulled". I inquired ansd was told they were performing a quality control check to make sure my order was perfection.

Weird, but fine.

Finally one item shipped, but NOW, 10 days exactly later, STILL waiting for my last item. Or maybe I should say "ITEMS" since it shows 3 of that item now.

I asked again about my order and was guaranteed it would arrive in 5 to 7 days. Hmm, pretty bold considering it hadn't even been PULLED and was likely stolen by an employee or just lost. But nonetheless, they were ASSURING ME it would be so. So I said, ok, I am expecting it at my mailbox in NO MORE then 7 days from now AND with all 3 of the rings they listed. It seems for every 3 days over their ship time, they ADD another ring to the order. I have no problem taking 3 rings for the price of one.

But it better be three rings as advertised :)

The other item that had been grossly delayed was shown shipping with TWO of that ring, so we will see. I will be very impressed if it actually contains the duplicates!
1 x

Druid

Re: Make it Worth my While . . .

Post by Druid » 1 year ago

The same thing here. I received a package with 2 items, and they charged the shipping for each , won more than 15 days ago. I am still waiting for 6 more items .
1 x

FarmMom

Hmm... you'd think things would have slowed down with ordering now that christmas is over, seems like they'd have so much time they wouldn't know what to do with it . . .

Or, maybe that's a new game . . . if you win something extra cheap, they hold it until you get tired of waiting and ask for a refund . . then they re-list it and hope it goes for a higher price . . . My item was normally $99 and I got it for $35.

...... also why I will NEVER take the risk of bidding on something that's over $100. Most of those items sell for over retail, and IF you mange to get it for less, who KNOWS what shape it will be in, you certainly cannot send it back..
1 x

Druid

Another problem is the $3.99 shipping price. I usually win small prices items like $ 1 to $10 and I let them go because of the shipping. Even jtv has now $2.99 because of the constant customer complain of their high previous shipping price. And to make things worse for their customers, shoplc sends more than 1 item in a common package and charges the shipping for each. What a scam…
3 x

Druid

Another problem is the $3.99 shipping price. I usually win small prices items like $ 1 to $10 and I let them go because of the shipping. Even jtv has now $2.99 because of the constant customer complain of their high previous shipping price. And to make things worse for their customers, shoplc sends more than 1 item in a common package and charges the shipping for each. What a scam…
2 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Not to change the subject but I have noticed even at Amazon the past month they have also been terrible with shipping which had never happened to me before, I use to place an order & receive between 2 to 4 days.
The last two times I have ordered through them when I submit the online order it has an estimated arrival time extended out for at least "9" days after the order date...so now instead of getting my order in 2 to 4 days I receive it in "9" to "10" days.
I have noticed they hold onto the order and then 2 to 3 days before it is due is when they ship it out...so it shows you that it is Amazon NOT the shipping companies doing it! Now you cannot call Amazon even with the Order # to ask questions, when you get a live agent they now say they cannot answer any questions or inquiries on your order until they text you or email to you so you can approve or deny it is actually you that placed the order!
I feel like it is like breaking into FT. Knox to get anyone to help you anymore ordering online! The reason why people ordered online was due to convenience BUT now it is getting harder and harder because of all of these stupid rules, not having products available, high shipping costs and long delays on getting the products you ordered.
Another problem is with FREE SHIPPING that is offered by online companies if you meet a certain limit...it seems like they are now using this to take the opportunity to delay your orders because you are getting FREE SHIPPING...we as consumers can't WIN!!! It is getting very discouraging how companies treat consumers anymore especially the LAST 2 years everything has gone down hill in our country!
1 x

FarmMom

Lynmarie wrote:
1 year ago
Not to change the subject but I have noticed even at Amazon the past month they have also been terrible with shipping which had never happened to me before, I use to place an order & receive between 2 to 4 days.
The last two times I have ordered through them when I submit the online order it has an estimated arrival time extended out for at least "9" days after the order date...so now instead of getting my order in 2 to 4 days I receive it in "9" to "10" days.
I have noticed they hold onto the order and then 2 to 3 days before it is due is when they ship it out...so it shows you that it is Amazon NOT the shipping companies doing it! Now you cannot call Amazon even with the Order # to ask questions, when you get a live agent they now say they cannot answer any questions or inquiries on your order until they text you or email to you so you can approve or deny it is actually you that placed the order!
I feel like it is like breaking into FT. Knox to get anyone to help you anymore ordering online! The reason why people ordered online was due to convenience BUT now it is getting harder and harder because of all of these stupid rules, not having products available, high shipping costs and long delays on getting the products you ordered.
Another problem is with FREE SHIPPING that is offered by online companies if you meet a certain limit...it seems like they are now using this to take the opportunity to delay your orders because you are getting FREE SHIPPING...we as consumers can't WIN!!! It is getting very discouraging how companies treat consumers anymore especially the LAST 2 years everything has gone down hill in our country!

I think Amazon is area specifc in regards to shipping. We have a giant warehouse a few towns over so many things don't ahve to travel too far for us. But I know they have issues getting drivers. No one wants to drive, especially in the winter months where driveways may not be plowed out and their vans are not 4 wheel drive like ups, lol.

I have't had issues recently, but I don't but much at the moment now that Christmas is done, lol.

And yes, in regards to Shop LC Auction shipping I agree. I used to buy up lots of low dollar stuff to meet my $50 shippig cap. No more. I bought a few loose stones on there for $1 each (plus 3.99) which is pretty tough, but I'll use them as practice stones for setting gems. I won't buy a GOOD gem I don't have actual photos and videos of. Not after buying Shop LC tanzanite . . .

Lots of small items I would normally buy at auction I don't because I can get it the same price with free shipping on normal order.
0 x