Shop LC Can't Help Itself!

Lynmarie

Shop LC Can't Help Itself!

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

Shop LC cannot help itself I thought NOW with all of the clearance sales that have gone on since Thanksgiving NOW finally on Friday's they would get back to Under $10 Fridays....BUT OH NO...gotta start selling Tucson Show jewelry starting with Cheryl and now continuing on with Jessica again at 4:00 CST on Friday. The products they did start selling for Under $10 Friday overnight and part of today is always pretty much the same repeated products every time with a few new additions, The Lab with David Pollack is still something I like purchasing at great Friday prices, but pretty much Fridays are NO longer fun for me to even watch anymore, I generally just now go into Clearance Items to purchase anything! Things are bad enough in our country NOW you can't even go to Shop LC and have some FUN on Fridays! :roll:
5 x

Mapper

Re: Shop LC Can't Help Itself!

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

Lynmarie wrote:
1 year ago
Shop LC cannot help itself I thought NOW with all of the clearance sales that have gone on since Thanksgiving NOW finally on Friday's they would get back to Under $10 Fridays....BUT OH NO...gotta start selling Tucson Show jewelry starting with Cheryl and now continuing on with Jessica again at 4:00 CST on Friday. The products they did start selling for Under $10 Friday overnight and part of today is always pretty much the same repeated products every time with a few new additions, The Lab with David Pollack is still something I like purchasing at great Friday prices, but pretty much Fridays are NO longer fun for me to even watch anymore, I generally just now go into Clearance Items to purchase anything! Things are bad enough in our country NOW you can't even go to Shop LC and have some FUN on Fridays! :roll:
That is excatly why I shop at JTV. They regularly offer coupons for $10 to $25 off on orders over a specified amount. Shop LC can't even follow its own program guide. I did check in yesterday while I was making BP payments and saw that they were presenting David Pollocks higher end products. That was a signal that The Lab Direct products would be presented today for Under $10. After SLC raised the price of the Lab Direct Products to $69.99 I refused to purchase it. Yesterday I decided to stock up because it was at the regular price of $9.99 and one item was at $7.99. I used the 25% coupon that was advertised on their website and placed a substantial order that also qualified for free shipping. Today I popped in and sure enough...Lab Direct was being presented as the TLV for $9.99, 20% off buy all, and $4.99 shipping EACH. I'm glad I purchased when I did as 2 of the items I purchased sold out.
We know that Shop LC isn't going to get any better. I personally can't tolerate it's business model....if it even is a model.
3 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

Lynmarie wrote:
1 year ago
I thought the same exact thing yesterday. I used to have fun on Fridays but no longer. It’s very rare I find a piece I like. And why do they even bother calling Tuesdays “Under $20”?????? They show far more OVER $20 than under.

I swear if I see one more Pelle bag I will scream. The call themselves a “handbag destination”. Oh really? I guess if you’re looking to book a one-way trip to “One Trick Pony-ville” then by all means update your passports folks and buckle up because the Captain has turned on the seatbelt sign!
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I bought one purse from them, a "cow fur" purse. I think it was actually goat fur. heck it even could have been pig fur, I've got some furry pigs.

I've skinned a good many critters the last several years, and NEVER have I ever skinned ANY as poorly furred at that purse. It was FULL of glue ALL OVER. Why would there be GLUE on a genuine leather purse????? Unless of course it's NOT genuine. The "leather" was painted instead of dyed, and it began cracking almost insatntly, making be think it was more likely to be vinyl.

The strap seemed to be leather, but that was the only part I could SAY was actual leather.

Of course my review for that item was deleted . . .

I paid $50 for it, it was worth MAYBE that.....
1 x

Lynmarie

Post by Lynmarie » 1 year ago

FarmMom:

I get it... some products I receive are really nice but I have even noticed on some under $10 earrings/necklaces I have ordered that say they are sterling silver they are not...I am allergic to nickle and my ear lobes break out if even with the smallest amount of nickle in them and it has happened to me at Shop LC a few times when they are suppose to be sterling silver. I can't buy clothes from Shop LC because they are smaller than their size states, I also bought the cashmere gloves and even tried them on when they arrived and they fit... I had bought them for the next Winter season and when I unpacked them I couldn't get them on because they had shrunk! Most of the products are good quality but I really get what you mean! :)
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Lynmarie wrote:
1 year ago
FarmMom:

I get it... some products I receive are really nice but I have even noticed on some under $10 earrings/necklaces I have ordered that say they are sterling silver they are not...I am allergic to nickle and my ear lobes break out if even with the smallest amount of nickle in them and it has happened to me at Shop LC a few times when they are suppose to be sterling silver. I can't buy clothes from Shop LC because they are smaller than their size states, I also bought the cashmere gloves and even tried them on when they arrived and they fit... I had bought them for the next Winter season and when I unpacked them I couldn't get them on because they had shrunk! Most of the products are good quality but I really get what you mean! :)
I know some of their items are "platinum over copper" or odd things like that, but I have at least one pair of earrings too that seemed to be mystery metal (my ears reacted too).

I have never tried ordering home stuff, although the jewelry box I got was nice, and wasn't much to be found on Amazon.
1 x

Janice-NH

Post by Janice-NH » 1 year ago

I'm sorry to say I agree with everyone. I looked forward to the fun things presented on Friday and the hosts were hilarious together (Chuck and Kim) I would laugh out loud! The products now being sold are chintzy and cheap. In the past I've been surprised by how nice some of the items I bought were and I've received many compliments on jewelry I've bought, bigger smile knowing I paid under $10.00, sometimes less! Not so much anymore and to add insult to injury that obnoxious Michelle is hosting Fridays! I won't watch if she's on. I guess I can thank SLC for a smaller credit card bill.....
0 x