It’s agonizing & stupid!

Bella

It’s agonizing & stupid!

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Watching two grown adults (Craig & Dionne) sell a $9.99 hoodie blanket is painful and dumb. No wonder their prices keep increasing, is it really necessary for 2 hosts all the time? How many blankets does a person need? Or maybe I should say how many gold chains, Tanzanite, or diamond rings does one need?
Last edited by Bella 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
8 x

FarmMom

Re: It’s agonizing & stupid!

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I'll be honest. The hooded blanket is a dumb idea. I bought their blanket robe which was BRILLIANT, and no one on amazon sold anything like it. I love it and would buy more, but have not seen them since November when I bought mine.

My 9yr old wanted one, so I bought asimilar item on Amazon for $20, it was a poncho blanket, with the hood in the center. THAT makes more sense than a blanket with a hood on the side . . .

But what got me going was watching another Modani presentation, the pink morganite ring with pink diamonds, and Anker and Katie and I think Cheryl were presenting. The LOOKS on their faces while he was getting ready to drop the price was unbearable. The giant creepy, toothy grins hiding behind cuffed hands, very unbecoming for both, who normally present decently well. Reminded me of a clown hiding in the closet . . .

I get tired of the same charades. Why not just be genuine?

Ugh.

And then Michelle was droning on and on about how wonderful Tony and his team do cutting stones and clearly she hasn't even LOOKED at them, because before ShopLC turned up their lights/filters you could SEE how badly cut they were on TV. I can't tell you how many times I've screamed at the TV seeing a big tanzanite with a decent sized chip on the edge, or facets that don't match whatsoever. It took awhile but the TV producers FINALLY caught on after I wrote in complaining so many times. Now they at least attempt to pick decent examples...

She was trying so hard to suck up to him last night about how he brought ShopLC turkizite and he just flat out IGNORED HER, and then stated the same thing she did. I wish [people would stop sucking up to him. He's a GROWN MAN for crying out loud, not a 5 year old. You don't need to coddle him.
4 x

Lacy

Re: Michelle

Post by Lacy » 1 year ago

I saw that show. Yes she was a bit overboard with him. However, I don't think she was serious. She makes him so uncomfortable that you can see him blush and unsettled. When she is on with him, she takes the show away from him, out of his control with her personality. The other Hosts seem to be afraid to speak, NOT Michelle. Mr. Ladies and Gentleman actually laughed on air. I never saw that before. It was very funny.
4 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 1 year ago

I crinde at the thought of coddling him, Tony.
6 x

FarmMom

Re: Michelle

Lacy wrote:
1 year ago
I saw that show. Yes she was a bit overboard with him. However, I don't think she was serious. She makes him so uncomfortable that you can see him blush and unsettled. When she is on with him, she takes the show away from him, out of his control with her personality. The other Hosts seem to be afraid to speak, NOT Michelle. Mr. Ladies and Gentleman actually laughed on air. I never saw that before. It was very funny.
I agree that she is no longer afraid to speak to him, and he does NOT like the spotlight taken off him. At the end he likes to thank everyone, and often will thank Katie, but said not a work of thanks to Michelle, not surprised. I mean, he wouldn't even HAVE a show without her presenting the item. But he still feels her class is too far below "his" to bother with such formalities.
5 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

I refuse to watch him. He is condescending and his ego and attitude overpowers the allure of anything he might be selling.
4 x

FarmMom

Greeneyesbluesighs wrote:
1 year ago
I refuse to watch him. He is condescending and his ego and attitude overpowers the allure of anything he might be selling.
I second this. I avoid buying most things when he presents. I'm thankful he doesn't present in the morning because I really like breakfast..
2 x

Suey

Post by Suey » 1 year ago

I agree. Tony is very abrupt and has a biggggg ego!!!! I also do not like Michelle. Sorry, but I think she is so over the top with her actions and what she says. I cringe when either one are on, and never watch.
Chuck and Kim are getting to be pretty annoying, as well. They talk over one another, and are so silly acting. You can joke and be a little silly, but they take it to the next level.....Kim is very loud, talks over everyone. She seems to always be like a puppet and agrees with whatever the other host says, like she hasn't a mind of her own!!!
1 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Suey wrote:
1 year ago
I agree. Tony is very abrupt and has a biggggg ego!!!! I also do not like Michelle. Sorry, but I think she is so over the top with her actions and what she says. I cringe when either one are on, and never watch.
Chuck and Kim are getting to be pretty annoying, as well. They talk over one another, and are so silly acting. You can joke and be a little silly, but they take it to the next level.....Kim is very loud, talks over everyone. She seems to always be like a puppet and agrees with whatever the other host says, like she hasn't a mind of her own!!!
Of lately, I feel the same way about all the above. I just don't watch as much these days. It's almost always about gold and tanzanite too. Boring! Tony is a blowhard, period. Michelle, don't understand her style at all. She was once a makeup artist to the stars. That huge hair piece she wears is ridiculous and she really does look sloppy, all the time. I won't even mention her manicure. :? A simple manicure isn't that expensive at a salon.
I just don't see other hosts on other shopping networks looking like some of these peoples do on here. This is a world forum, not just US. And Kim, just can't seem to relax and seems compelled to talk, you know, kinda like when one takes diet pills type of effect. It would be interesting to count how many times she says "exactly" and "right". Ugh! :roll: To be honest, I am disappointed because years ago it was nice and a fun distraction to have on in the background if I was doing something else around the house. Now, I'm just not tuning in because I find myself getting anxious and annoyed.
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Colljoe, I totally agree on the watching the tv presentations and making you feel anxious, Kim has that effect. I also get the comment about the “diet pill effect”. A funny story, for a short period of time I actually had a military doctor put me on a diet pill and after I took 1 pill all the guys I worked with (I was the only female in a shop of 22 men, they were like brothers to me) kept saying I was talking a lot more than usual, I told them it must be the pill I was taking and we all laughed about it! Needless to say I stopped taking them, and lost the 10 pounds on my own that I needed to lose.
4 x