Car

BostonIrish

Car

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I saw a video of the second winner of car. I am very Happy for her really but I find it odd that both winners were from TEXAS.🤔
4 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Re: Car

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

Sure doesn’t appear as though winners are chosen “at random” does it? I’d sure like to hear how they think this can appear legit.
6 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I heard a short blip of them referring to the car winner but couldn't catch what was said. I had forgotten about that whole thing.

I'm glad they showed video, but seems a bit late... and after what you mentioned, very strange... When YouTubers do car giveaways, it's instant with letting people know who won.

Two very good reasons for that.

1.) it lets people know the contest was legit and garners interest in any future giveaways (this means more people watch videos and watching videos = getting paid)

2.) people come back more often seeing it's legit and are anxious to try to win the next one. I cannot tell you HOW MANY TIMES my husband has entered truck contests and bought merchandise to try to win it. On their part, it's genius (usually). They give a deadline (usually a month) and for every $10 spent they "buy" a ticket or a chance to win the prize. There was only once where tickets sold did not equate to the amount the YouTuber had spent on the vehicle and they had to run it a second month, hahaha, but USUALLY they make crazy cash doing those types of giveaways.

So, from what I can see, ShopLC's marketing team did an awful job with a really smart idea. I meant shoot, so many YouTubes are giving away Tesla's and you can pick one up for an easy $40,000. Like I said before... If a YouTuber making $300,000 a year sees the value in doing a $40,000 giveaway, I think ShopLC needs to up their game..

And while it's great they are donating meals to kids, those meals cost them $0.10 each. TEN CENTS. Yeah, I did some research on that too. I fully applaud donating food, but they hype it up like they are spending soooo much money doing this. And let's be honest... if you do your research, MOST companies donate money to some sort of charity... they NEED to because it's a tax write off. yet MOST companies don't stuff it into your face 24/7...

It's like a person runnign around yelling "I gave a homeless guy a dollar every day for a year!!"
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

It’s probably more convenient to have a winner within the state to “get” the car than someone who lives farther away. Can’t imagine the hassle of receiving your car if you lived in Alaska or Hawaii! Maybe there were exclusions for those states. I hate the fine print for contests so I rarely enter them and I don’t trust Shop LC to be fair about the whole ordeal. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer just my thoughts on contests in general. I have worked with company’s that did contests and rarely were they ever fair. If a customers’ name was drawn that someone didn’t like a different one was drawn.
5 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Bella so true!😊
3 x