WHAT HAPPENED?

Bella

Re: WHAT HAPPENED?

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

They wouldn’t dare boot you BostonIrish! If you were booted they would have to boot us all! There’s not many of us left!
4 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

Bella wrote:
1 year ago
There’s not many of us left!
Sad isn’t it? Yet they don’t care.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Mapper wrote:
1 year ago
FarmMom wrote:
1 year ago
Mapper wrote:
1 year ago
This is the error I was getting when the comunity page could not be accessed:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from community.shoplc.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
community.shoplc.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to community.shoplc.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be community.shoplc.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.
You cannot visit community.shoplc.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Also, it appears Shop Lc has hired a Chief Technology Officer:

https://www.prweb.com/releases/industry ... 224385.htm

AUSTIN, TEXAS (PRWEB) MARCH 16, 2023

Shop LC proudly welcomes Mohammed Farooq as the new Chief Technology Officer for its parent company, Vaibhav Global Limited (VGL).
In his new role, Mohammed will be based out of the Austin, Texas, office and will be responsible for overseeing global IT initiatives and support strategies. He will partner with business executives, IT leaders, and operations staff to drive outstanding digital customer experiences, operational efficiencies, and revenue acceleration.

I know that community forums are a nice "in" for hackers. I've seen places get taken down because they were overrun with them. With that being said, the security certificate was expired, that's all. They just needed to run an update on the hosting site or whatever and it usually clears it right up. I've had that happen on my own site.

But as a precaution I took all my payment info down, and that really got SHLC excited because they couldn't bill my payments, lol.

I got that fixed today.

SIDE NOTE -- HSN ALSO has a forum, and it's HUUUUGE, so if we ever get taken off again, everyone meet up there to hash things out!

I also noticed I wasn't poking around at all on the site with the forum down, and didn't much watch on TV either.

But I did buy a LOT of gemstones on my favorite gem site, hahaha!

Good to see you guys!
I was a Field Engineer in Information Technology Hardware, Operating Systems and Support for over 25 years. I have no experience in Network Infrastructure or Security but it is my understanding that once the SSL certificate expires, the browser will immediately flag the website and warn "any" visitor wanting to access the website. In this case, it was only blocking users with Shop LC log in credentials that were logged in. If the user was logged out or didn't have a login, the page could be accessed and read only. Who knows right? Now that they have a new Chief Technology Officer maybe the site will be better.....I won't hold my breath though.
Makes perfect sense!
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Farm Mom Thanks 🤗
1 x