CLEARANCE!

Greeneyesbluesighs

CLEARANCE!

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 1 year ago

Again!

It sure seems like half the year at ShopLC is clearance. I sure get tired of it. Most prices are not clearance and they get really stingy with the budget pays.

I’m ready for new stuff. This network isn’t providing that so I have basically moved on.
6 x

Bella

Re: CLEARANCE!

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

I couldn’t believe it either another clearance. I swear they have a clearance sale every 6 weeks or so! No way am I buying a single item, at least nothing over $10.
5 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I too am sick of the up and down prices for so long when you lower it keep it that price until it sells out! Buy new stock.😏
8 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
I too am sick of the up and down prices for so long when you lower it keep it that price until it sells out! Buy new stock.😏
Very few new items anymore. Nothing compared to other networks. To me this screams of a company with a cash-flow problem. No new and when you do see something new the delivery time is very often now WEEKS in advance (advance orders). I’m guessing these items have not yet been paid for. They are pre-selling and then when they have the money for the items they get shipped to ShopLC and then on to the buyers.

Both earmarks of a company with financial woes.
5 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Greeneyesbluesighs wrote:
1 year ago
BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
Very few new items anymore. Nothing compared to other networks. To me this screams of a company with a cash-flow problem. No new and when you do see something new the delivery time is very often now WEEKS in advance (advance orders). I’m guessing these items have not yet been paid for. They are pre-selling and then when they have the money for the items they get shipped to ShopLC and then on to the buyers.

Both earmarks of a company with financial woes.
I was thinking this too last night watching another clearance event, "moving out current inventory" tells me they are trying to liquidate as much as possible and quickly. And I noticed too that many of the "nice" items are several weeks to arrive. Nope, no thanks.

I can literally buy gemstones from Pakistan and have them arrive to my door (signed mail delivery) before a ShopLC order arrives.
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

That’s just crazy that getting items shipped from Pakistan would arrive at your door before a Shop LC order! I actually had a good belly laugh over that one!
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Bella wrote:
1 year ago
That’s just crazy that getting items shipped from Pakistan would arrive at your door before a Shop LC order! I actually had a good belly laugh over that one!
I had an order or to arrive in 8 days from start to finish. They shipped next day after ordering and it was at my door (not my mailbox) 8 days later, regular mail . . . DHL would have been 4 :D

Not all are the fast, but they do average 10 days :)
2 x

Sea

Post by Sea » 1 year ago

The last clearance sale I bought a few things with my promo codes and I thought since it wasn’t a clearance item I could return if I didn’t like it. Well I received my two items and just wasn’t happy with them so I wanted to return for a refund well my receipt said clearance no returns I was so mad now I have to pay it off and keep them. My advice during this always clearance sales is be very sure your ready to keep the product you buy and can’t return unless it’s damaged.
2 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 1 year ago

BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
AMEN!!!! Once a price goes down, it should stay there till sold out. I hate these brief little windows of lowered prices. It smacks of an old fashioned K-Mart "blue light special." [Am I totally dating myself? Anyone remember that?].

And while I'm on a tear, whatever happened to honoring a price adjustment within a decent length of time? It used to be 30 days; you could contact them and they would honor their own lowered price and credit the difference. Now it is 24 hours. 24 hours?!? :evil:
2 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

LauraA wrote:
1 year ago
BostonIrish wrote:
1 year ago
AMEN!!!! Once a price goes down, it should stay there till sold out. I hate these brief little windows of lowered prices. It smacks of an old fashioned K-Mart "blue light special." [Am I totally dating myself? Anyone remember that?].

And while I'm on a tear, whatever happened to honoring a price adjustment within a decent length of time? It used to be 30 days; you could contact them and they would honor their own lowered price and credit the difference. Now it is 24 hours. 24 hours?!? :evil:
Oh don’t get me started on their sorry excuse for a price guarantee. 24 hours is a joke! And by design they will lower the price 36 hours later and not give an adjustment.

So now what I do (or did when I was buying) is when I received an item I would hold it for 30 days. If at any time the price lowered I would SEND IT BACK! And it often did. So their little game doesn’t work with me.
2 x