Overbidding

BostonIrish

Overbidding

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

Oh my my s must really like purses and is willing to really over pay for them. I think she should look online much less🙄
4 x

FarmMom

Re: Overbidding

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I had seen that one months ago high bidding on only the most expensive items of jewelry . . . do you think she's real or a fake bidder?
1 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 1 year ago

I think She is real but I wonder if she is buying these items. I saw where a few people were having back to back bids with Her.I had to laugh at that.😂
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I think there really are people who just don't think to research. They might look at the "retail price" listed and go off that. Often even the retail price isn't correct, the listing can be for the same item on their website but list a different retail price (usually higher). I used to use that as the gauge as to what their "normal" selling price would have been (usually 99.99 is 9.99) but lately it's been higher.

I suppose too maybe its a rich lady who doesnt care the price, she just likes bragging to her husband that she won her items at auction ;)
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 11 months ago

Just my opinion but I believe the online auctions are rigged, with either employees or computer generated names to run up the price of items that they actually have no intention of letting them be sold at an undefined start bidding price. Otherwise, why would they keep letting those same people continually run up bids to a ridiculous amount only for those items to never actually be paid for and then relisted over and over with again the same names running up the bids. Makes no sense except to get you into the auction platform to look around and bid on other items that you might not have otherwise and keep traffic moving between auction site and regular online site. There is more than one name that bids on everything nice but same items reappear couple days later. Hmmm.......
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 11 months ago

That’s is exactly why I have never done any auction bidding and never will! It’s a scam.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

agree. I gave up on auctions after they somehow couldn't find my pink tourmaline ring I got for a bargain and kept insisting they were packaging it. 2 weeks later they admitted they had no idea where it was.

I don't need that stress. I switched from SLC jewelry to online gemstones. Now I win all the auctions AND get amazing deals! Got in a lot today of stones all costing me $1 . . . blue apatite, emerald, topaz, amethyst, sapphire and a few zircons. I can't even get a crappy stone from SCL auction for less than $5.99 (with shipping) . . . anything I've ever bid on though went to $10 ..
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 11 months ago

I reported female on handbags for crazy bidding and no longer see Her She changed to He 😂
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

BostonIrish wrote:
11 months ago
I reported female on handbags for crazy bidding and no longer see Her She changed to He 😂
whaaaat? Are you serious??? Maybe they are trying to keep up with the "trend"? :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x