Misinformation on website!

buyitall

Misinformation on website!

Post by buyitall » 1 year ago

I just ordered a $99 Pelle python cross body bag. It was listed with 5 budget pays and of course since it was over $50 it would have free shipping. I always go to my order page to double check my order details because there are always so many problems! Guess what? It only gave 4 budget pays and I WAS charged shipping! I immediately called customer service! There was nothing he could do and said there must be a glitch in the system! I cancelled the order! By the way, if you go to the website and look it still says 5 budget pays! A glitch? Yeah, this website has LOTS of glitches….that NEVER get fixed! Why do I even bother??????
7 x

FarmMom

Re: Misinformation on website!

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Oh gosh, that's a major glitch! I'm glad you caught it! I saw those bags too. very cute, but not something I can use in my current life ;)

Which color did you pick? I personally like the natural but the other colors would be fun to see on someone with great style and dress ;D
0 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Also, I about had a fit when Cheryl was claiming a ring could be sized up and down 2 sizes by ShopLC but likely could go FOUR by another jeweler.

I thought she used to be a jeweler or work in the biz before all this? She claims to be a certified gemologist...So I'm quite confused as to how someone could give such AWFUL, incorrect information to customers?

It was a Modani ring, and it had a mix of baguettes and brilliant cut diamonds running down the sides of the band, about halfway around.

Now I'm not certified, nor have done THAT much research into ring making, but even the ShopLC customer service told us last year that any band with stones on the side could only be resized ONE size by them. And articles I have read state do NOT resize anything with stones going more than 1/3 of the way down the band or with baguette diamonds. The diamonds will either fall out or shatter upon resizing. Many jewelers won't even use baguettes for that reason (at least ones out here).

You can get an idea using the cup experiment. Take a normal styrofoam cup, and cut a hole on the rounded side almost all the way through but not quite. Big enough for the tip of your finger. putting a finger into the notched hole should feel confortable. Now make a slice in the cup top to bottom on the opposite end. put your finger back in the notch. When you expand open the cup it will pinch your finger, and when you squeeze the two cut ends tighter, the hold will feel looser.

Jewelers instead say if a ring needs that much re sizing, have a new one made using the same stones.

For cheryl to SUGGEST that 4 sizes on ANY style of band is a good idea, is horrifying. Perhaps a simple gold band with no stones or design. That might be the ONLY one. but you'd LOOSE a lot of gold going down, and pay huge $$$ to add gold to make it bigger, so why bother??
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

FarmMom your comments on the resizing of a ring with baguettes going down the sides are correct. I cannot imagine anyone resizing a ring with stones going down the sides especially diamonds of 4 sizes up to be wise at all!
1 x