FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $50 NOT TRUE

colljoe

FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $50 NOT TRUE

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

Ah! Excuse me but free shipping on orders $50 is a farce. If you reach $50 or above it was always free shipping. Now, they have manipulated this to their benefit. If you have a coupon and your order is over $50 but coupon gives you say $3, now they "minus the coupon amount" from your $50, make it $47, saying "you have $3 more for free shipping" and then CHARGE FULL SHIPPING for each item. HUH? What is the purpose for a coupon if they take away your free shipping? What is the purpose of a coupon? Coupons are meant as a bonus for the customer, or a reward.
This is new and I think it stinks. So, they make you buy more, just to get the free shipping and that "more" covers the coupon you just got. Which of course is always more than the coupon amount. Huh? This just does not make sense. It's better just to release the coupon. No company does this because of the obvious reason, it negates the coupon. Whoever though this up ain't so brilliant! :evil:
3 x

Bella

Re: FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $50 NOT TRUE

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Colljoe, it’s always been that way, your subtotal including a coupon has to be at $50 or more. That’s why you always see on the order page how much you need to spend to get the free shipping.
2 x

colljoe

Ugh! From now on I guess I will just have to order a bunch and put in cart to accumulate. This will take a while. I just don't shop a lot here anymore like I used to.
4 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

colljoe wrote:
1 year ago
Ah! Excuse me but free shipping on orders $50 is a farce. If you reach $50 or above it was always free shipping. Now, they have manipulated this to their benefit. If you have a coupon and your order is over $50 but coupon gives you say $3, now they "minus the coupon amount" from your $50, make it $47, saying "you have $3 more for free shipping" and then CHARGE FULL SHIPPING for each item. HUH? What is the purpose for a coupon if they take away your free shipping? What is the purpose of a coupon? Coupons are meant as a bonus for the customer, or a reward.
This is new and I think it stinks. So, they make you buy more, just to get the free shipping and that "more" covers the coupon you just got. Which of course is always more than the coupon amount. Huh? This just does not make sense. It's better just to release the coupon. No company does this because of the obvious reason, it negates the coupon. Whoever though this up ain't so brilliant! :evil:
I was wondering how long it was going to take for Shop Lc to realize it was calculating the order amount wrong. I have placed many, many orders that were below $50.00 after a coupon was applied and still shipped for free. None of my other online retailers do that.
Shop Lc did hire a new Director Of Information Technology in January.....Looks like things are changing.
5 x

Bella

I wouldn’t hold my breath!
1 x

colljoe

Me too Mapper. I swear, for years. That's why I was so surprised. It just doesn't make sense to apply a coupon and lose free shipping.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

Mapper wrote:
1 year ago
colljoe wrote:
1 year ago
I was wondering how long it was going to take for Shop Lc to realize it was calculating the order amount wrong. I have placed many, many orders that were below $50.00 after a coupon was applied and still shipped for free. None of my other online retailers do that.
Shop Lc did hire a new Director Of Information Technology in January.....Looks like things are changing.
Agreed. I was always nervous applying coupons just in case it knocked off my free shipping. But that still sucks, now you have to calculate everything out on paper before ordering JUST to make sure :P
1 x

Tanzanite

Post by Tanzanite » 1 year ago

I placed an order that was over $50 and ShopLC split the order and sent it on two different dates. So then it became two orders under $50. What a game they are playing! I won't order anything else from ShopLC again. It cost me $20 in shipping fees which should have been free. You've lost another good customer!
2 x

colljoe

Tanzanite: If anyone knows about messed up orders, I do. Wait! I guess we all do. :lol: This is outrageous and they need to reimburse you for their mistake. I highly recommend you call Personal Shopper, not customer service. They will take a look at this order and will straighten it out for you and reimburse you. At least, that has been my experience. But if you don't take the action it won't get done; the squeaky wheel etc. Try it and see if you get reimbursed, and please let us all know.
2 x

Bella

Tanzanite, if you placed 1 order over $50 and they sent it out in 2 different packages you should not be paying any shipping fees. Make sure that all the items have the same order#. They can’t add shipping fees later, check your invoice that’s why I keep all mine. Then call Shop LC and give them a piece of your mind!
2 x