Swapping reviews!

Bella

Swapping reviews!

Post by Bella » 1 year ago

Last summer I purchased a very nice 14 carat sleeping beauty ring from Shop LC. The ring was graded AAA and I do feel for the price paid the stone is exceptional. However there was a very similar ring in style that was not given the AAA rating and now the review on the ring I purchased is now on that ring! There was a definite difference in the mounting and quality of the stone, so obviously Shop LC just decided no one would be the wiser and posted my review for the wrong ring. Nothing like deceiving the customer! I no longer post reviews on anything I buy from Shop LC unless it’s a really poor review. Problem solved for me!
Last edited by Bella 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Mapper

Re: Swapping reviews!

Post by Mapper » 1 year ago

Bella wrote:
1 year ago
Last summer I purchased a very nice 13 carat sleeping beauty ring from Shop LC. The ring was graded AAA and I do feel for the price paid the stone is exceptional. However there was a very similar ring in style that was not given the AAA rating and now the review on the ring I purchased is now on that ring! There was a definite difference in the mounting and quality of the stone, so obviously Shop LC just decided no one would be the wiser and posted my review for the wrong ring. Nothing like deceiving the customer! I no longer post reviews on anything I buy from Shop LC unless it’s a really poor review. Problem solved for me!
I attemped to post a positive review recently but I never received the confirmation email from ShopLC to verify my identity. I had the email resent twice and nothing. The review will not be posted unless you verify your identity. If this is happening to everyone, it would explain the lack of reviews (recently) and the need for ShopLC to reuse/recycle old reviews from other items.
6 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 1 year ago

:shock: Unethical and disgusting. Shame on you ShopLC.
4 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 1 year ago

OMG Bella, that is outrageous!!
How sneaky and deceitful.....what is wrong with ShopLC?
The problem is that I have read that they don't allow neutral or negative reviews either :(

On the plus side I can imagine how beautiful your ring must be :)
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 1 year ago

I think they are likely recycling old listings, not so much swapping the reviews. Amazon does this from time to time, as do other sellers. They will take an item that's discontinued and has good ratings, and change the info about the item to match the new one. I have seen this as well and sometimes they are not careful enough to read reviews and the reviewer will list a different item they are happy about or a photo, lol.

I am always skeptical if I see a review that says "love this!" or "stunning!". Anything vague is a possible fake review...

Customer service told me once that you can edit your reviews, although I haven't seen this option myself. Likely because you may like an item at first and then realize it's junk a few weeks later, lol
1 x