Stacy's Snoozefest under $10 Friday was just awful :(

Bella

Re: Stacy's Snoozefest under $10 Friday was just awful :(

Post by Bella » 11 months ago

Tuliplover, I do not claim to be perfect myself and never would assume others to be. I hope you don’t either. I don’t even consider myself to be a role model for children, I leave that to others that have kids. I rarely ever voice my personal feelings or criticize a host about their looks but there are times when it is needed, such as a host constantly pushing their hair away from their face, both bra straps showing on a host, too much cleavage showing, hosts hollering loudly, constant giggling and carrying on, not showing the product, faking surprise price drops, hosts being rude to other hosts. Do you see other shopping channels with hosts doing this? I don’t! Right or wrong if you’re on tv nowadays you will be open to criticism, that goes with the territory so be professional and act it! Being a shopping host is not for everybody so maybe those that cannot do the job should step aside and let others do theirs. With venting maybe Shop LC will hear us and provide us with more professional presentations and maybe more sales for them. You have the right to your opinion(s) and I accept that, but there are a whole lot of “issues” with Shop LC that are never, ever, ever addressed and probably will never be fixed! (hacked accounts) So it’s wash and repeat for us on the forum. Your comments are acknowledged and have a blessed day.
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

I'm just going to jump in and say as much as I would love talking to people on live TV and chatting up jewelry, I know my limits. I have awful allergies and every 3 seconds am constantly clearing my throat, and that's how it's always been. As a child I never spoke because everyone made fun of my "squeaking" voice. Oddly enough by high school I grew up and no longer cared what others thought, and had no issue standing up and giving speeches. Today, if you were to ask me to stand up and talk to a stadium of 300,000 people, I would happily do it. But I'd have to politely explain my throat clearing!

It's not all the time, but seems especially awful this year for some reason. I am thankful I can edit out all my throat clearing, something live TV would not afford me. I have NO DOUBT I would have been eaten alive for it, lol. But I also know that's my weakness, and really it WOULD be quite irritating to listen to no doubt. I GET irritated doing it, lol!

I too get chewed up online in my line of work, it seems to go in waves, but you also have the positive comments too. And really, if you don't get too many positive comments, you gotta take a step back and say 'what do I need to change here?'

For me, I do what I do because at the end of the day, I want to make people smile. if all I'm getting is negative comments, am I doing what I set out to do? No. I'd have to make the tough choice to overhaul everything or start-up fresh in a different way.

I think at time things do get a bit heated here, but again, I feel like if people were happy with the company as a whole, they wouldn't be looking for other outlets to express their frustration . . .
5 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 11 months ago

Lanai.....

I completely agree with everything you wrote and I am glad that you are expressing your opinion which is your RIGHT :)
You made me giggle when you mentioned that ShoplC will be possibly changing their name again, too funny!
Being a TV Host is their decision, much like a politician
Many have learned to improve through realizing their mistakes.....that is how many learn
Thanks for your comment, it was needed
3 x

MaeWest1953

Good evening Bella and FarmMom.....

I want to tell you both that I love everything you wrote regarding the two interlopers "judgemental" remarks and who decided to choose this post of mine to come in and seek attention by making their NEGATIVE remarks against all of us who choose to yak and converse with each other
TALK ABOUT BULLIES!!!

FarmMom....you sharing your personal experiences with speaking disability was admirable and I just hope that others who are quick to judge those who use the computer to converse will learn that they shouldn't be so quick to judge and make accusations!!

Funny how they are never here to post anything but yet suddenly appeared to try and discredit those who want to share opinions and what experiences they are having with ShopLC, lol
Instead of moving on if they don't like the subject in a post like ANY ADULT normally would they have chosen to come here and start their own form of "gossip"

I feel sorry for them....they don't know if any of us have children and yet they want to bash us as being bad parents etc....now that was hilarious!!
Oh well......we have a right to share opinions and so do they but when you start calling names and slandering our private lives without even knowing us personally then that is sad and they are no better than what they are accusing us of.....
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 11 months ago

Listen, if somebody's "girls" are hanging out, and it seems to be constant, we can and will say something about how unprofessional that is. That is not bullying. It's gross! If someone's hair or clothes looks disheveled and dirty and looks like they just woke up and came to work, we can and will say something about how unprofessional that is. That is not bullying. It's gross! If hosts lie about a stone and it is constant, we can and will say something about how unprofessional that is. That is not bullying. It's lies! Personally, I have "sent a message to host" if something they are doing is really out of line. Like when Kim's "girls" almost fell out, or when Craig's zipper was down. That is not bullying. So quit with the cliche of the bully word. That's old news. We are not the enemy! But we are people who's bucks go to this company, and lots of bucks too. We expect more professionalism, as we all see on other shopping channels. So we see it and say it. We spend time watching, we don't expect unprofessional and gross behavior. We put our money where our mouth is. Just stating the facts.
5 x

Bella

Colljoe, you could not have said it any better! So so true.
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 11 months ago

Ladies, I agree and think everything was appropriately explained although it should not have even been an issue to begin with. Especially with the constant lies , giving unsolicited and untrue financial advice to make sales, inappropriate unprofessional dress attire and inappropriate behavior and they themselves gossiping and being hateful to other hosts. I think it may have been a Host or a family member or friend of one or more of them. Nobody could watch that Circus and think it's Professional behavior. Seems like that's the Network that many of the Hosts ended up at after being dismissed from previous other Shopping Networks and/or leaving as disgruntled ex-employees. I myself have never heard the other Shopping Network Hosts even mention ShopLc. Happy for Blake, that he got out of the Circus and ironically went to work for the same Network that his Father has often bad mouthed.
6 x

MaeWest1953

[color=#4080FF]Colljoe, Bella and Lanai.....

I love everything you just commented and I agree with it all :)
To think that the behaviour is being defended is ridiculous by her minions
By the way.....is it me or did MS. K get a new breast job? Yes it's a weird question but a couple of days ago it was right in our faces![/color]
3 x

Bella

Aren’t they always! LOL
3 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 11 months ago

Cheers to Maewest1953, Farmmon & ALL of the others that agree with what we talk about on this forum. I thought the same thing about Ms. K. She was off a long time. A Lot longer than the usual time off, I think it was over a month. I never could watch Stacie, or Deanna, too fake. How about when Hunter works with LOLO, he can not get a word in, EVER. Her & the baby talk.
2 x