BUY ALL FRENZY~~Good Grief!!

MaeWest1953

BUY ALL FRENZY~~Good Grief!!

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

I am going to ask if any of you have noticed that ALL the Hosts are pushing the "Buy All" option on every darn item?
It's crazy!! they claim to be wanting us to save money by buying with ShopLC and yet they are begging us to use the "Buy All"
Now I understand it can be costly because isn't it true that you still have to pay a separate shipping for each item in the "Buy All"?

Geez, where is the savings in that?

I actually heard Chris keep saying that we should be buying 2 "buy alls" and I have heard many say the same thing during the day time shows
This seems to have become the new selling jab for the last 6 months
Desperation selling antics isn't a good look anywhere ShopLC.....
6 x

Lacy

Re: BUY ALL FRENZY~~Good Grief!!

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

MaeWest1953, how are ya.? Things are so different. Buy all's, constant gold, or shows with diamonds All day long . ugh. it's too much. I'm glad I made most of my purchases In the "Good Old Days" a few years ago. If I get itchy to buy. I look at what I already have and realize, i don't need or want more.
6 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 10 months ago

They get you by putting 20 or 30% off buy all for "This show only". So if you do want the buy all you have to rush because once that segment is off you are not able to get that extra percentage off the items. Especially true if you are watching "Night Owl" as they call it. If you don't have over $50 in your cart, yes you will pay that postage on all. I try to put something in the cart that I can probably use down the line so just in case of their RUSH buy all's I have something in there to bring it up to the $50. I refuse to pay their postage, so it's quite a while now when I do order something as I wait, and accumulate. I tried getting their buy all on the Clinical Results shampoo etc. I wanted an extra scalp therapy. I put the buy all in my cart, and then tried to order an additional scalp therapy. Did not work. It kept automatically doing the buy all x 2 on ALL items. So I deleted everything and started over, because their stupid "this show only buy all" was about to time out. Still did the same 2 x on everything. So, the heck with it, I didn't bother getting it. I don't want to be rushed and feel like their percent off buy all's should remain until the hosts actually signs off, not that particular presentation. Their loss.
4 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 10 months ago

Their shipping price for every item is very unprofessional and uncompetitive. You pay shipping for each item and they send your items in the same package!.
7 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

Miss the 1.99.😒
4 x

MaeWest1953

Hi Colljoe :)

Thank you for the extended response on how you get around the shipping and what you have experienced :)
I like your way of thinking.....teehee
The Nite Owl shows are mostly what I watch and I know how crazy they push so many auctions in one hour!!
It's amazing that customer service can keep up!!

Your way of putting things in the cart is genius!
Glad to know someone is getting around the shipping especially when they pack so much in one package
1 x

MaeWest1953

Druid wrote:
10 months ago
Their shipping price for every item is very unprofessional and uncompetitive. You pay shipping for each item and they send your items in the same package!.
Greetings Druid....

I agree with you, in fact I have a package waiting for me to open up with several items inside (I can feel them)
My experience with shipping cost is because I ship things to friends etc., I do know the costs have risen but this is a company who we know darn well gets a better rate!!
So sad that ShopLC has taken away their "Free Shipping" surprises
1 x

MaeWest1953

BostonIrish wrote:
10 months ago
Miss the 1.99.😒
Howdy again BostonIrish :)

You have that right!!
Seems like an eternity when we last saw that price :cry:
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

I've noticed that too. The last time I did a buy all (which despite each shipping charge I actually did save money that round because they also offered free shipping on TV orders over $50 and the buy all was $60), but I was grossly disappointed because that was the round a of fake stone necklaces listed as real and most of them were fake. It wasn't worth the cost to ship them back.

Much of the time, you are better off putting the items you like in your basket and waiting for a sale, then getting the free shipping at $50...

I've definitely been noticing a big push for buying multiples. almost like they are trying to take advantage of the poor souls are are still regularly buying and hoping they'll pick up the slack from those of us who stopped.

Last night they had welo opals on for a nice change, too bad they were ugly as can be and far too expensive. They were only 1 ct and they kept claiming "they are bigger than they sound! Opals are so light!" I have a 7ct welo opal (loose) I bought months ago online. It's a big boy, but not crazy. I DO have a few of their opal rings and necklaces and they are quite small, MUCH smaller than what they showed last night, and I KNOW the stones are about the same size. Those too were set with diamonds and rubies and tanzanite, but for far less money. A few I got at auction for just $30.

Heck, I bought a stack of loose welo opal, about 5ct for $15 online. My 7ct stone was only $30. I know they gotta make their money, but sometimes I'm scratching my head...
4 x

MaeWest1953

Hi FarmMom.....

I am jealous!! that Welo Opal is my favorite stone
For some reason I find it fascinating and gorgeous even though I don't have the money to buy them
Someday I know there will be one for me :)
Your comment is full of fun information, you gals know what you are doing when it comes to getting around the multiple shipping costs added to your buy all order, teehee

P.S. when you get a chance go to my post Stacy's Snoozefest and check out the new activity....teehee
2 x