Opatra Lux brush vs knock offs

Lacy

Opatra Lux brush vs knock offs

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

Has anyone ordered the lux brush? I bought a knock off on line a year ago. It seems to work great. It was 25.00. It has made my hair look thicker and better with more growth. Like the Lux brush claims as well. Last week LC lowered the price of the lux brush to 59.00 . So, I ordered it to see if there is any difference. To my suprise, there was NO difference. They look the same except for the Opatra name on it. It works exactly the same, sounds the same. The both have red and blue lights and vibration. Mine does not have a warranty, but if you take care of it. You don't need it. It make me wonder where Opatra has these items made. Do they just put their name on it.? The Lux brush is going back.
3 x

DrJon

Re: Opatra Lux brush vs knock offs

Post by DrJon » 10 months ago

Hello...the only way to know for sure which device is better or the same is to find out what the milliwatts per square centimeter, or mW/cm² is.
Opatra's red light are all over 633 nm which is considered a therapeutic dosage use. If your new device is over the specified recommended MW, then you have a good deal. Otherwise, you are most probably are loosing on the therapeutic effectiveness. I use several of their products on the day side spa of my practice with great results.
3 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Good evening Lacy.....

I can't afford anything they make so I will never be able to try their things
However I am glad that you are happy with the item you bought and saved big money!!
With many products I feel that a number of them are just more costly because of the name attached to it

Yes I know the ole saying of "getting what you pay for" but in my life experiences I have been able to see both sides of that fence and learned what I can smudge on and what I can't....teehee
So if this device you saved money on is the same then that is terrific....yay :)
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Lacy, I purchased a Lux brush a couple of years ago and used for about a month and it stopped working. I will admit Opatras’ customers service is great all I had to do was email them a copy of my invoice and I had a new brush within the week! My mother is using it now.(she has significant hair loss) She has been using it for maybe 6 months religiously. Neither me or my mother can see any difference in her hair.
1 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 10 months ago

I had an Opatra Lux Brush, purchased from ShopLC for $99, as I recall. I used it for a year, year and a half. It quit working. When I tried to make a claim under the warranty, Opatra required me to send the nonfunctioning brush back before they would replace it. Guess what. I was unable to print a USPS shipping label due to the dangerous nature of the brush’s components. So I was out the cost of the brush, no replacement, and never again will I purchase from Opatra. I saw no benefit during the time I used the brush. :(
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

Lacy I think China.🤔
1 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 10 months ago

Like the no name brands.
0 x

Bella

Catwoman48, if I were you I would call Opatra and tell them what happened. They never told me I had to return mine. Waste of postage in my opinion. I sure would not let them get away with that even if I had to I would send it certified mail with your own money. There is nothing dangerous with the brush these devices are sent through the mail all the time. If they give you a hard time tell them you will talk with your attorney and the Better Business Bureau regarding their warranty.
1 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 10 months ago

@Bella, I did call and that was when I was told I had to send the nonworking item back. They would not send me a return label and I could not print a label on the USPS website for the reason I stated. You got better treatment in that they didn’t require you to send your dead brush back. This was at least a year ago and I decided that the brush was not sufficient quality that I cared to have a replacement. It is impossible to clean, and after using it on your scalp for a period of time, the bristles get clogged. I cleaned it with a Q-tip and a little alcohol, but you know what I mean. It’s not like a regular hairbrush that you can wash.

I decided in this case it wasn’t worth pursuing with Opatra, since my “reward” would be a hairbrush that would only work for a relatively short time. But shame on them for not honoring the warranty I paid for. They have lost my business. I’m sure they care!
2 x

Bella

Catwoman48, I also have the new updated beauty mask and the derma eye(which I hardly ever use) so I hope they last. I do use my beauty mask at least 3 times a week and I love it it’s so relaxing! I had the older version and wanted the upgrade, it is the one item I do use religiously and it does seem to help. Not so sure about the Lux hair brush though. I wont be purchasing anymore devices from Opatra in the future because there are so many other brands out there that are probably just as good.
2 x