Account Hijacked

Joev64

Account Hijacked

Post by Joev64 » 10 months ago

A fraudulent purchase was made on my account and budget pay was established for a $1700 bracelet. The hacker even changed my shipping address and posted her name and address in it's place. This occurred on May 3, 2023 and I only found out due to an email stating that it shipped.

I contacted the shipper (DHL) who stated they could not halt shipment due to it's being enroute to a USPS facility. I then contacted the USPS who referred the issue to the Postal Inspection Service. My situation didn't meet the criteria for the package to be intercepted and I was informed that the item would be delivered as addressed ( to the thief).

I attempted to save ShopLC from the loss of this piece, as well as save myself from the financial obligation that occurred. Now my only recourse is to cancel the card on file and dispute the charge.

BEWARE of this and review your account info and order history frequently and read ALL email from ShopLC to catch these types of things from happening to you!
8 x

MaeWest1953

Re: Account Hijacked

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Oh no Joev64...

This is so disturbing to read and know you are going through all of this now :cry:
I always keep an eye on my orders and charge card but you are correct.....we all should be checking it faithfully
How sad that this happens and what is scary is how in the world did this gal get your information!!

I just said a prayer for you so that your issue will be resolved quickly and you are protected in the future
4 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

You are the second person this year who has come and said this!

I am sooo sorry! We knew months ago it seemed like they had gotten hacked, and since then a few have come here to say how they've been hacked :(

Please do keep us posted as to how this is getting resolved!
2 x

FarmMom

Joev64 wrote:
10 months ago
A fraudulent purchase was made on my account and budget pay was established for a $1700 bracelet. The hacker even changed my shipping address and posted her name and address in it's place. This occurred on May 3, 2023 and I only found out due to an email stating that it shipped.

I contacted the shipper (DHL) who stated they could not halt shipment due to it's being enroute to a USPS facility. I then contacted the USPS who referred the issue to the Postal Inspection Service. My situation didn't meet the criteria for the package to be intercepted and I was informed that the item would be delivered as addressed ( to the thief).

I attempted to save ShopLC from the loss of this piece, as well as save myself from the financial obligation that occurred. Now my only recourse is to cancel the card on file and dispute the charge.

BEWARE of this and review your account info and order history frequently and read ALL email from ShopLC to catch these types of things from happening to you!
On a side note, if you have their address, you can send them all sorts of things they might NOT like . . . Amazon has some pretty questionable items you could ship right out to them, or sign them up for mailing lists . . .

My husband once had a teenager call his phone every night at 11pm, 12pm and 1am and hang up. EVERYNIGHT. Some un known number. One night, I decided to play back, and answered the phone in a 5 year old girl voice. I proceeded to have a long conversation with her about how my parents kept me locked in the closet the last few nights because they thought I was to blame for the late calls, and my closet was haunted and I was very scared, and begged her not to hang up on me. It must have been pretty convincing because my husband was never called again :D
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 10 months ago

Thank you for the heads up. So sorry for what's happened to you. I hope things get resolved quickly.
3 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 10 months ago

FarmMom I am laughing my A.. Off that made my day thanks good one.😂
3 x

FarmMom

BostonIrish wrote:
10 months ago
FarmMom I am laughing my A.. Off that made my day thanks good one.😂
LOL well that was the tamed down version of what actually happened, lol! My dad used to do that with telemarketers, except he'd half cover the phone , scream a few times and yell "get back in the basement, you don't get to come out for another week yet!"
We lived across from a big cemetery, so it was to be expected, lol!
4 x

BostonIrish

OMG!😂
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 10 months ago

Here's the link to the discussion we had a month ago. The discussion is titled "What Happened"
https://community.shoplc.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7661
3 x

BostonIrish

Jov64 I hope things work out I am checking my account! I wonder why when I would close my page I did not have to log in like I use to everytime.💲😠😩
3 x