BALI LEGACY....it's looks so pretty, YAY or NAY please

FarmMom

Re: BALI LEGACY....it's looks so pretty, YAY or NAY please

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

Well my ring came in yesterday, and overall the metal work was very nice. The dragon heads were intricately carved and didn't look too clunky. The band at the bottom was a tad thin, but really, my ONLY complaint wasnt the band but the stone. It wasn't designed/set well and the stone is barely holding in there and a bit wiggly. Second, it's a quartz doublet, which is fine, but ShopLC doesn't do a good job with these so it's quite obvious it's a sandwich stone. I've seen some stones look excellent and not visible with the naked eye. SLC doesn't come close with their doublet/triplets sadly.

The coloring of the stone is nice, but you hit it just right and it turns clear. I guess if it ends up falling out I'll just set it with something else ;)

Overall my step daughter will be thrilled with it though. So, I DO recommend the dragon Bali line ring collection :)
2 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 11 months ago

Howdy Greeneyebluesigns, Lacy, FarmMom, Mapper, Bella, Teachergirl and Lanai......

I want to thank you all for answering my question :)
Your input really was interesting and good information because I now know how the sizes are running and what to expect :)
Their jewelry looks so pretty, as a lover of Native American jewelry that I can't afford this style is close to Southwestern things in many ways

I am amazed that those Artisans can be so patient with some of those carvings etc.
For some reason I haven't seen a show on Bali on JTV but then again I don't watch it that much
The other stations get my attention more....teehee

FarmMom.....so glad that you received your piece and you are happy that your step-daughter will love it, thanks for the update :)
1 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 11 months ago

I have purchased over the years many of the Bali jewelry pieces and their Bali Bone as well. All have been very nice. I especially like their Bali chains when you can get them on a super clearance deal. They are perfect for a bigger pendent, and really accent the piece. These are silver, and I have had great luck with the stones and/or pearls too. They are way more expensive at JTV because that lady claims she designed them. But, if that were true, then how has Shop LC been able to get the exact same "design" (monkey with mabe pearl) etc. Who knows, but hers are way more expensive. If the price is right, I say go for it if you like it. They truly are craftsman, and according to what I've read, sadly their kids or Grandkids are simply not interested in continuing on this craft.
2 x

MaeWest1953

Good morning Colljoe....

I really appreciate your super information and great experience with the Bali jewelry :)
Their designs are so intricate in many of the pieces and I am blown away with the prices cause I remember seeing that kind of artisan jewelry on some other channels and boy it wasn't cheap!

What is sad that you shared is learning that the family doesn't want to continue with the trade :(
My gosh if I had the ability to learn a craft like that and know that folks appreciated it I would be happy to make pretty pieces and know I brought a smile to a customers face :)
0 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 11 months ago

I like the Bali jewelry and I appreciate the hard work it took to make them!
4 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 11 months ago

I also vote "Yay" for the Bali line. I own a lot of items, and I've found them to be consistently well made and sturdy. I like the exotic designs and the creatures they incorporate into them (dragons, crocodiles, dragonflies, etc). Interesting pieces.

I have had problems with stones being too loose with two of ShopLC's bracelets, but not with a Bali piece so far. ShopLC needs to be more careful with their stone setting in general.
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 11 months ago

When i purchased bali from lc in the past and returned it. The color was charcoal black with a little shine from the sterling. I appreciate the labor it takes to make it. But i prefer to purchase silver that shines. Knowing in time it may oxidize. Is all bali greyish black. If so. Its NAY for me from lc. I did find a bali piece from jtv that bright and shiny, it wasn't dark.
2 x

FarmMom

Lacy wrote:
11 months ago
When i purchased bali from lc in the past and returned it. The color was charcoal black with a little shine from the sterling. I appreciate the labor it takes to make it. But i prefer to purchase silver that shines. Knowing in time it may oxidize. Is all bali greyish black. If so. Its NAY for me from lc. I did find a bali piece from jtv that bright and shiny, it wasn't dark.

You do bring up a good point . . . I've never thought to test silver to ensure it's real. My piece reminds me of those pewter figurines . . . but I have no way to test the purity of the silver.
1 x

FarmMom

lah2001 wrote:
11 months ago
I also vote "Yay" for the Bali line. I own a lot of items, and I've found them to be consistently well made and sturdy. I like the exotic designs and the creatures they incorporate into them (dragons, crocodiles, dragonflies, etc). Interesting pieces.

I have had problems with stones being too loose with two of ShopLC's bracelets, but not with a Bali piece so far. ShopLC needs to be more careful with their stone setting in general.
I've been pretty fortunate with settings being tight, although sometimes they do stick up and catch on clothing. I am amazed however, after setting my own stones that they don't have a bigger issue with stones breaking or coming loose. in the quantities they make them in, unless it's all done by machines . . .
1 x

MaeWest1953

Good evening Serge, Lah2001, Lacy and FarmMom........

Thank you all for the great comments, experiences and feelings on Bali :)
I too like the critters that they make with their pieces.....very cute and interesting
Not sure if I mentioned this but I don't ever see any other shopping channel selling it.....I don't watch JTV either
So if JTV is the only place that sells Bali Silver then I would not be seeing the costly items they sell

I really appreciate all the good comments I have received from everyone, I watch the shows but can't take any chances of buying something I know nothing about except from what the Host say
That is ok for many items but this line is entity of it's own as you all know :)
2 x