BALI LEGACY....it's looks so pretty, YAY or NAY please

MaeWest1953

BALI LEGACY....it's looks so pretty, YAY or NAY please

Post by MaeWest1953 » 11 months ago

Good afternoon group....

I am watching the Bali Legacy show right now and they are selling some really beautiful pieces!
My pocketbook is a small one and yet I would love to buy a piece someday but not sure if the quality is really "high end" like the Hosts are claiming
So I am asking if any of you have bought anything from this line on ShopLC and could please let me know if you are happy with what you purchased.....THANKS

HAVE A GREAT WEEK.....
3 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Re: BALI LEGACY....it's looks so pretty, YAY or NAY please

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 11 months ago

Hey May!

I have quite a few pieces of their Bali. Rings, necklaces and earrings. I don’t know if I would describe them as “high end”. They are artisan crafted. So being that they are hand made you might notice variations (I hesitate to say imperfections because the work is beautiful). They are worth the price they are asking in my experience. You can get some big bold looks for a good price. They are silver with no overlay so they will tarnish eventually. But they are strong and made well.
I have noticed that on tv they don’t appear as shiny (the silver) as they do in person. And I have also found that the rings tend to run on the small side. I size up when I order a Bali ring. My favorite Bali pieces that I have are the ones with big stones in them.
I hope I answered your questions. :D
4 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 11 months ago

Hi Mae, I bought the sterling bracelet ( 7224539) 2 years ago for 1/2 the price. It is beautiful and shines nicely. but don't bend adjust it too much. It will crack along the edge. I love it. I learned to be careful with it. I don't know if the stock they are selling for double the price now are old or new stock. Some Bali Legacy pieces too black, oxidized for my taste. I like sterling to shine not be gray and dull.
3 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 11 months ago

I bought a ring, it ended up running small too, and the edges are sharp and thin and beginning to bend with only a few wear days.

I did just buy a dragon ring for my step daughter's bday, it should arrive any day and hopefully will look good . . . I'll keep ya posted ;D
2 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 11 months ago

I have a few pieces of Bali Legacy...it's ok. Keep in mind that Shop LC's Bali Legacy line is inspired by Bali design and traditions and is not made in Bali. The Bali Jewelry line at the J is made in Bali and is quite expensive which is why I only own 2 pieces of it. I love the Bali style jewelry and any artisan crafted jewelry with the same influence. I found many artisan groups in India that sell their creations on Etsy, Amazon, Ebay etc. There is an ebay store that I have been purchasing from for over 10 years. Shipping takes about 2 weeks and a signature is required. If you're on a tight budget and you want try that style of jewelry, I suggest checking out ebay.
Last edited by Mapper 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 11 months ago

Mapper, so true on the Bali line of jewelry at JTV it is expensive and the pieces have hefty gram weights of silver. You get what you pay for though, Shop LC Bali line doesn’t hold a candle to JTV. I recall maybe in 2018 or 19 Karen and another previous host (now gone) went to Bali and showed videos of their trip and the artisans making the jewelry for Shop LC inventory. It certainly surprises me that Shop LC Bali line is not made in Bali. I would think that they could not call it Bali jewelry if it’s not from there. I do own a couple of pieces of Bali jewelry but I’m not a huge fan of the style.
1 x

Mapper

Bella wrote:
11 months ago
Mapper, so true on the Bali line of jewelry at JTV it is expensive and the pieces have hefty gram weights of silver. You get what you pay for though, Shop LC Bali line doesn’t hold a candle to JTV. I recall maybe in 2018 or 19 Karen and another previous host (now gone) went to Bali and showed videos of their trip and the artisans making the jewelry for Shop LC inventory. It certainly surprises me that Shop LC Bali line is not made in Bali. I would think that they could not call it Bali jewelry if it’s not from there. I do own a couple of pieces of Bali jewelry but I’m not a huge fan of the style.
Ah...I remember that video now. If you read about the line on the website, they state that the Jewelry is "inspired" by Bali. Some items have more info about the line than others. My mistake. I guess I'm just accustomed to jewelry being stamped with the manufacturer hallmark and country of origin. The Bali Legacy jewelry isn't stamped with that info. But yes, you get what you pay for.
2 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 11 months ago

Lets be fair. The Bali Legacy jewelry is made in Bali. Shop LC provides silver and stones. I have quite a few pieces and they are beautiful. They are not Bali inspired rather made in Bali. I have one pair of earrings from JTV that I got on a mega sale. They are beautiful. I also ordered pieces from them that I returned because they weren't worth the money. I have many complaints about Shop LC. This is not one of them.
5 x

Mapper

Teachergirl wrote:
11 months ago
Lets be fair. The Bali Legacy jewelry is made in Bali. Shop LC provides silver and stones. I have quite a few pieces and they are beautiful. They are not Bali inspired rather made in Bali. I have one pair of earrings from JTV that I got on a mega sale. They are beautiful. I also ordered pieces from them that I returned because they weren't worth the money. I have many complaints about Shop LC. This is not one of them.
I was being fair. I admitted that I made a mistake.
Last edited by Mapper 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 11 months ago

I have purchased a few pieces over the years when on sale. According to their info and videos the jewelry is hand made in Bali. Rings do tend to run small and the Bracelet's on the larger size. Purchased a necklace with a Butterfly as the Clasp that can be worn either on the back of the neck or necklace fastened in the front with Butterfly to look like a Pendant. It is quite nice and fairly heavy. I haven't purchased a lot of this Jewelry line because of the inconsistency of silver color , sizes and the design doesn't always look exactly as shown during TV Presentation, I assume it all depends on the artist creating the item. Never have purchased any from JTV or the other Networks that offer Bali and/or Bali Inspired pieces because their prices are quite expensive and I would rather spend money on other things. The Bali Craftsmen and Women are very talented though, I would never have the patience or skill to handmake jewelry especially in such primitive manners. Have purchased several of the jewelry/trinket boxes on the $10 and under days and they have all been well made. Use as decorative or to put keys, pony/hair ties and other small items in. Have never used any as jewelry boxes because I read several reviews that they are not anti-tarnish and some have said that items actually tarnished more quickly or stones lost color or turned a different color when stored in them for a lengthy period of time. So, I just don't take the chance.
2 x