That was a dirty blow . . .

FarmMom

That was a dirty blow . . .

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

So it appears the hosts (MAY) be striking back. This morning I happened to be watching and I think it was Chris? who was talking about moissonitte. He literally used MY NAME (real name) and took a comment I had made on THIS forum about their moissonitte vs charles and covard moissonitte, and TWISTED IT AROUND to the opposite, saying I had claimed THIER stones were far better than Charles and Covard's.

And then later on (funnily enough) said that the company that makes their moissonitte is the same one that made Charles and Covard's.

Firstly, they can twist it any way they want, the original Charles and Covard is far superior to what SLC carries. It's worth every bit we paid. I cannot comment on their current stuff as I have not purchased any.

The ShopLC moissonitte looks cheaper, AND, if you go on certain homemade jewelery sites, they give you the option of knock off or charles and covard and the knock off is FAR cheaper. If there wasn't a difference, they wouldn't bother with the choice.

I do think it IS an affordable alternative, but in this case you 100% get what your pay for.

But do be aware that they may even begin to twist your reviews around, or even re-write them, who knows . . . but they do seem to be using this as a new selling tactic . .
4 x

Lanai

Re: That was a dirty blow . . .

Post by Lanai » 10 months ago

That is dirty. I'm disappointed that Chris did this, I was hoping he was different than some of the other Hosts. I gave ShopLc a chance with Moissanite a couple of times but returned the items for a refund and put in writing the reason for return was poor quality, looked very fake, like glass. Chuck always makes a point when presenting that they hired someone that had worked with direct manufacturing for the others that had held the Original Patent and that SHOPLC had now taken over Moissanite sales, just like they had with Gold and Handbags and were Dominating with everything even with items they didn't manufacturer but purchased as Closeouts or by Contracts with other Companies. I don't believe any of those things are true. Just because they may have gotten one the Original Company's Scientist to come to work as head over ShopLc's Moissanite production doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean they aren't cutting corners and tweaking things to produce a cheaper made product. I don't think they are really Dominating any products except Kaftans, Lol I don't believe they are selling near the amount of anything they brag about. If they were, they wouldn't have to keep recycling items, some being at least 3+ years old. I'm sick of the constant Gold and Saturday Smackdowns and I don't like the Moissanite either.
4 x

FarmMom

Re: That was a dirty blow . . .

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

Lanai wrote:
10 months ago
That is dirty. I'm disappointed that Chris did this, I was hoping he was different than some of the other Hosts. I gave ShopLc a chance with Moissanite a couple of times but returned the items for a refund and put in writing the reason for return was poor quality, looked very fake, like glass. Chuck always makes a point when presenting that they hired someone that had worked with direct manufacturing for the others that had held the Original Patent and that SHOPLC had now taken over Moissanite sales, just like they had with Gold and Handbags and were Dominating with everything even with items they didn't manufacturer but purchased as Closeouts or by Contracts with other Companies. I don't believe any of those things are true. Just because they may have gotten one the Original Company's Scientist to come to work as head over ShopLc's Moissanite production doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean they aren't cutting corners and tweaking things to produce a cheaper made product. I don't think they are really Dominating any products except Kaftans, Lol I don't believe they are selling near the amount of anything they brag about. If they were, they wouldn't have to keep recycling items, some being at least 3+ years old. I'm sick of the constant Gold and Saturday Smackdowns and I don't like the Moissanite either.
I was glad to see they were doing a bit more with colored quartz, but their doublets are a terrible idea. It's a cheap way to make a colored stone instead of cooking it or infusing it. Quartz really is so versatile and easy to get, but they still seem to be falling flat. The last few bali presentations have been nice though. But I feel that's a very niche group to throw much weight in.

you look anywhere online and dainty and clean is the IN style, along with layering. SLC just cannot quite get there . . .
1 x