Hannah Measuring Pants

Serge

Hannah Measuring Pants

Post by Serge » 10 months ago

I got tickled today when Hannah gave the measurements of the velour pants she was showing and the length was very long. Karen stopped her and asked if she measured the inseam and Hannah said no. Karen explained that you measured the inseam and not the outside length of the pants. Hannah always acts like she presented lots of things on the other network but she obviously missed showing pants.
4 x

joshuatheemerald

Re: Hannah Measuring Pants

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

I’m pretty sure she said one of the production assistants measured it, you see they handed her a piece of paper from off camera and she read it, then Karen jumped in. Also if you watch LC like I do, you know that many of their measurements are taken from graphics sent from India and use the metric system so I can see why she didn’t question herself when reading the numbers. Just sayin!
1 x

Mapper

Post by Mapper » 10 months ago

The question that was asked was regarding the pant length. Pant length is from the top of the waistband to the hem. The measurements Hannah gave were correct. The question was not about the inseam measurement which is measured from crotch to hem. Both are common measurements in the fashion industry.
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

Mapper, good point! I rather enjoy Hannah and Karen together. Two different generations, both give good info on fashions. I can gauge when buying gifts for my younger nieces when Hannah speaks to it, and can see if it would be a good fit for my sisters or cousins my age when Karen talks about it. I believe Karen is about my age, mid-50s.
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

joshuatheemerald wrote:
10 months ago
Mapper, good point! I rather enjoy Hannah and Karen together. Two different generations, both give good info on fashions. I can gauge when buying gifts for my younger nieces when Hannah speaks to it, and can see if it would be a good fit for my sisters or cousins my age when Karen talks about it. I believe Karen is about my age, mid-50s.
Just a gentle word of caution, if your nieces are 25yrs old or younger, buying anything but VERY well chosen jewelry items is a gamble. This age group is very fickle, and so far I haven't seen anything suggested on ShopLC for the 12-25 age group that I'd agree with. My oldest step daughter is 26 and my daughter is 19. I wouldn't dare buy them ANYTHING clothing related unless it involved a photo they sent me, lol. But so far they have enjoyed the jewelry (I think).

heck, if you buy their gifts from ShopLC often, send them the website link, have them pick out 20 different items of anything they like, just to get an idea of their taste preferences. Not that you'd buy exactly that item, but something similar in style ;)

Last Christmas one of my most picky step daughters looked at me and said, "do they sell tiger's eye? I've always wanted tiger's eye". Now to find her the RIGHT tiger's eye item ;)

ShopLC will always tell you "so and so" will like an item, but it's always about sales numbers ;) best bet is learning from THEM what they'd most like :D
1 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 10 months ago

Serge,
I personally thought it was hilarious as well. Even if an assistant was the one that
did the measurements, Hannah originally said she was doing it , and even if she
did get the measurements from an assistant, being that she is always talking about owning her own Modeling Agency as well as being a Fashion Stylist and Dressing Models for the previous Networks she worked at and had planned and ran many Runway Shows, you would think that even if she didn't actually take the measurements herself, that she would immediately know that the measurements were wrong and she did repeat the wrong measurements several times before Karen so kindly brought it to her attention without making her feel incompetent. I'm not judging, I like Hannah and Karen together, but I had to admit I got a much needed laugh....
1 x