Handbag Heaven/High Dollar Purses....Wish I could afford one

MaeWest1953

Handbag Heaven/High Dollar Purses....Wish I could afford one

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hi fellow Members.....

Well I have to come here and ask if any of you have purchased the Pelle Lizard Collection or other high dollar close out Handbags or Purses etc.
There are some beautiful shapes and colors that I would love to own but of course that is a dream...tee hee
So I am curious if those expensive bags are true quality with good construction

I have actually bought some beautiful purses at ShopLC for only 15.00 and I get compliments when ever I use them :)
Then on under $10.00 shows I was able to get a sharp looking wallet and it is well made and protects the credit cards, (can't remember what they call that right now)

There have been some presentations that actually sell purses that are not allowed in California and a couple of other states
I think those might be the Crocodile skin items
Dionne does a good job selling the bags.....she doesn't need anyone to help her either and yet they put Rico Sauve with her and he takes good information away from the presentations with the interruptions and neediness to be heard and seen
3 x

joshuatheemerald

Re: Handbag Heaven/High Dollar Purses....Wish I could afford one

Post by joshuatheemerald » 10 months ago

Maewest

I agree with you, I think some of the low price items are just as good of a purchase as the high dollar items LC sells,.. that said, I don’t think I’ve purchased any single item over $50/60 on LC, but am always happy with my low cost-high value items I’ve bought.

I also agree I think I know who you mean by Rico Suave, he really doesn’t lend much value when he is with Dionne or Hannah. If we are talking about the same guy, which I think we are.
2 x

MaeWest1953

LOL Joshuatheemerald.......You are picking up what I was hinting at, tee hee
He is so needy and when that person first started the narcissism was out of control
I literally have to turn the volume down so I don't have to listen to his "carnival barking", repetitive sayings and BS
Too bad a customer has to do this, never could figure out why ShopLC has to have two Host at one time!!

How cool that you have been able to purchase some beautiful items at a decent price
That is the best when we can do this :)
2 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

I bought a "cow skin" fur purse for $50. I get so many complements on it, but knowing leather and cow hide I'm not impressed myself. On one of the sides the fur rubbed off somehow, and I ONLY wear it into the grocery store maybe once a week. The embossed leather is thinner than deerskin, so I'm not even SURE what that's made from, and the hide leather is so stiff I don't think it was tanned properly. Plus the hair is quite sickly looking . . . not nice smooth, thick hide like I'm used to seeing.

I'm sure anyone from Texas had a FIT if they bought it, and likely that's why they never carried that style again.

I do agree that their "crocodile" and snake leather looks pretty cool, but I'm not a purse person so it's not on my list of things to buy, lol.

But it's good to know about the smaller ones, I had often wondered!
1 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 10 months ago

A while back, I bought two python bags and an alligator bag. Not in the clearance event, though.

The python bags I bought are very nice, and I get compliments on them all the time. I haven't worn the alligator bag yet. It's stored upstairs for the time I decide I need to use it. It was also very nice. It's black, and sometimes I kinda wish I had bought one of the colored alligator bags. But man, they went quickly!

I stopped buying them after that because I felt guilty about the exotic skins.
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

lah2001 wrote:
10 months ago
I stopped buying them after that because I felt guilty about the exotic skins.
Dont feel bad, gaters and pythons are both nuisance animals, usually culled because they are infesting urban areas and are overpopulated, much like the wild boars in most states. Rather than let go to waste, the skins are sold to local tanners who turn them into something beautiful. When I lived out in the DC area, they used to cull wild deer and leave them there on the spot, total waste. There were so many that they were starving due to lack of food. No one out there hunted, nor were there any coyotes, so the population ran wild.

Now if it were something like Orca hide, or panda fur, THEN you've got reason to be concerned :lol:
3 x

Lanai

Post by Lanai » 10 months ago

Purchased a Natural Colored Python Grand Pelle similar to a large Hobo type handbag last year, was on sale because they supposedly were last in stock and they were not going to be able to sell that Brand anymore because their contract was up and the new quoted prices were a significant increase. Yes, they are still selling the exact Handbags presently. It was on sale but not clearance. Dionne is always classy, dressed appropriately, very knowledgeable and has a great personality. Some others need to follow her example. The handbag was nice. I really don't know why I purchased it because I didn't need it and it is still stored in the box it came in. I also felt guilty about buying exotic skin products. They say they are ethically sourced but who knows. I have purchased several leather handbags under $50 that are just as nice and better designed inside for my needs. Also have purchased several of the Leather Wallets with RFID for $10 and under and they have been nice. Guess it depends on what you are looking for. No more expensive handbags for me as i have been pleased with the ones under $50.
2 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 10 months ago

I finally purchased one because it’s very small and a crossbody. It probably won’t hold much more than my phone and tiny wallet but I have back issues and I thought it would be perfect to take when I go visit my daughter and we go shopping as I like to purchase things for her since I don’t see them often. I too got the natural color and it seems to be constructed very nicely. Also, it only cost me $87 which I feel is a good price.
1 x

MayFlowers

Post by MayFlowers » 10 months ago

My advice is be cautious and don't purchase during clearance event. I once saw a host struggle with a zipper of the Pelle Python bag. I think it was Katie, she couldn't open that zipper to save her life. I hate tricky zippers so you will want to return it if it happens to have one.
2 x

MaeWest1953

Hello FarmMom~~lah2001~~Lanai~~Serge and Mayflowers.....

Sorry I am just getting back to your wonderful comments, was working all week
My goodness, I learned a lot about what to expect from your various experiences so that is helpful :)
I am sorry FarmMom with your poor quality purse...that must have been frustrating :(
Maybe someday I can afford a Pelle purse but I am so cheap and the thought of spending over $50.00 for a handbag is scary in today's economy :(

Your purses sound so pretty too....
2 x