Please return to ShopLC Nikki !!

Bella

Re: Please return to ShopLC Nikki !!

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

I do know that Covid definitely caused shakeups in the Home Shopping industry. Let’s face it Shop Hq has had their fair share of restructuring to avoid bankruptcy they were losing money like crazy before Covid hit. Then the 3 amigos of their jewelry lines all left (Deasy, Valitutti & Clemency) They were treading water. I was surprised when Nikki left to go there. I just don’t think people should say someone was fired just because they don’t work there anymore. I would be upset if I had left a place of employment and everyone was saying I was fired.. I would be mad as heck! Contracts, pay structure, working hours usually come into play as well. Remember to, she was on the bottom as far as seniority.
1 x

FarmMom

Post by FarmMom » 10 months ago

hehe, going back off topic to airfryers, I love mine too. Make sure to get one with a rotisserie attachment! Really it's great for summertime because it doesn't heat your house up with a big oven, and if you are out of time to warm up the grill (I use ours year around) burgers and brats are pretty good in it. I wouldn't try a good steak though . . . I'm too OCD on those ;)

Fries are great, chicken wings are meh . . . still better off either direct frying, direct grilling or broiling them. Desserts don't work as it doesn't generate the right heat to evenly cook something thicker, even brownies are not good. Better off grilling those if you are looking to eliminate the oven.

Ours is used 90% of the time for fries though, and it does seem to be faster. I just hate having one more gadget stuffed into closet and hauled out to be used. Whenever we get around to building a new house I'd like a giant shelf space or small closet right there to store kitchen gadgets!
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Hi again Joshuatheemerald.....

I have read your response to Bella....and respect your opinion
Thanks for sharing it cause we are having a good discussion regarding Nikki :)
My feelings are that some employees do get removed but I have to agree with her that just because someone leaves a job doesn't mean they got fired
Heck, I know quite a few people in town that have actually left high paying jobs to take more "low key, lower paying jobs" to be happier and comfortable regarding traveling time, the hours, no stress or drama etc.

Just because a job is higher paying doesn't make it better, I myself have left a job so I could be closer to home and the stress at the higher paying job just wasn't worth the pay!!
So I just hope she wasn't "let go" and at this point it's not going to be answered
I hope she is happy where she is working now

Okay FarmMom.....
I like your experience with an Air Fryer....lol
My friend just loves her and like you say....no heating up the kitchen
1 x

Greeneyesbluesighs

Post by Greeneyesbluesighs » 10 months ago

CaribbeanGirl wrote:
10 months ago
I did not know that Nikki was fired from Shop HQ, do you know what happened? Is Karen making an other long visit to Austin, soon? Does any one know if Steve is still in Austin? I wish they would get some nice new items for the kitchen, I would love to have a nice big air fryer. What brands do all of you like & have. I would like a white one or a colored one, maybe blue. Have a Great holiday weekend.
I have a new Sur La Table 13 quart air fryer. I used to have the typical egg shaped kind with the pull out basket but wanted a new style. The one I have now has a door that pulls down. It has a basket but also shelves as well as a rotisserie for skewers, whole food (think whole chicken or roasts) and a rotisserie basket. I LOVE IT! I’ve always had great results with my previous one and this new one is even better. The best chicken thighs, wings and chickenbreasts ever! Of course fries. But things like sausage and peppers, homemade meatballs and pot stickers come out great! I highly recommend it!
1 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 10 months ago

Hi Mae! I’m one of those people that left a good paying stressful job, worked every Saturday and Sunday all year around 6 days a week with a long commute to boot! It started to affect my well-being and happiness and I knew it was time to leave. So I found a part time job in my hometown and have never looked back!
1 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 10 months ago

Howdy Bella.......

I am so glad that you made the decision to leave a job since it was messing with your health and time to just have a life!
Money is NOT EVERYTHING and I know that through the years many Hosts left for various reasons and then sadly some didn't
Geez....if I had to work around some of those Diva's at ShopLC I myself would quit too!!

Wow I was surprised to read in a comment here that QVC got rid of Dan and Carolyn!
Had no idea and boy I bet Carolyn was livid.....I never cared for her because she was always bragging about everything she bought.....then of course act like she was one of us regular folk
Most of us don't have a 6 figure salary but I know by research that many of the shopping channel host do make that kind of money

Good for them....but don't keep throwing it in our faces :( She was relentless!
2 x